Kimber Solo vs Kahr PM9 vs Ruger LC9 - Page 3

Kimber Solo vs Kahr PM9 vs Ruger LC9

This is a discussion on Kimber Solo vs Kahr PM9 vs Ruger LC9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Neither. I would go with a light J frame S&W....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Kimber Solo vs Kahr PM9 vs Ruger LC9

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Neither. I would go with a light J frame S&W.

I recently ordered a Kimber Solo, and thanks to the long wait to buy one of these, I was able to cancel before the order came in. Our local firearms dealer has a Kimber Solo on the rental wall for use in the shooting range, and I had the opportunity to test before ordering. I enjoyed shooting it, but after four months as a rental, both the firing pin and extractor had broken. I think the Ruger LC9 is proven, and a better choice at this point!
    Hibby

Kimber Ultra Covert II (LG) .45 ACP Sig Sauer P226 Elite .40 Smith & Wesson 686 Stainless .357 Magnum
    Smith & Wesson Compact M&P 9mm Sig Sauer Mosquito .22

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Of these 3 its not even close
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

My PM9 with an extra mag and I'm good to go. I pocket it or carry IWB in a highnoon tuckable. Had a PF9 and sold it when I got the PM9. Had a Ruger LCP, sold that too. The Kahr is my favorite carry, never a misfire or jam from new.

Been carrying the LCP for a while now and really like it. Small and lightweight and goes bang every time I pull the trigger. As far as the LC9 goes, I was really disappointed with the way Ruger designed it. Needles safeties and that hideous looking LCI. If they would have just made it a larger version of the LCP it would have been close to the perfect pocket pistol.
    My next purchase is definitely going to be the Kahr PM9. I have shot this pistol at a local range and it is a winner. No foolish safeties like on other CCW handguns.

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    Of those listed, I like the Kahr the best. I've heard good things about the Kimber, but it's too soon for me to own one. I hate the HUGE and ridiculous loaded chamber indicator on the LC9. Just one more thing to break on you EDC, no thanks.

Check out these awesome comparison charts by DC VIP member los:

rugerlc9kahrpm9comparison1.jpg

PM9-Solocomparison-1.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links