Return to the 1911...

This is a discussion on Return to the 1911... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't do a lot of posting and I have beenmighty busy over the last 6 months and in that time I have done a ...

Thread: Return to the 1911...

Return to the 1911...

I don't do a lot of posting and I have beenmighty busy over the last 6 months and in that time I have done a decent amount of skeet and sporting clay shooting but not much handgunning... It was past time and I don't usually go more than a couple weeks without some practice so only shooting twice in that time is not preferable...

I respect so many on the forum because of their reviews and honest opinions and posting of others they have read on certain subjects...

In my personal stable of pistols I really only have 5 handguns which are viable candidates for carry [two snubs a Colt Lawman 357 and Taurus 85; and 3 semiautos SA 1911, Ruger P89 9mm, PA-63 .380 (Walther clone)]. My BUG is a P32 which lives in my pocket regardless of my primary. Over these last months I have been avoiding the 1911, been carrying the T85 for size and weight or the P89 for capacity.

After a good session at the range this week I remember why I went with the 1911, it just fit me, is natural for me, I am more accurate with it, it is thinner and easier to conceal, better sights I just renewed my passion for it. I will still carry the snubby some as it is versatile in carry position but all in all I am back to the 1911...

I think I am going to pick up a CM 10 round power mag for the occasions I feel slighted by round count and then get in some more practice with the 1911!
    "The greatest pride is to think you are humnble enough." CS Lewis

"Woe to those who call evil, good and good, evil." Isaiah 5.20

"Sin is a disguised form of insanity." Al Mohler

2. Remove Ads

OD*
    Welcome back.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

VIP Member
    Once you go 1911 you will not go back.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

1911s rule! Like bolt action rifles and Harley Davidson motorcycles, they aren't the most modern design, but they just plain exude class and are still around for a reason. Like they say about Harley's, "If ya gotta ask, you wouldn't understand".
    Last edited by JDE101; July 27th, 2011 at 09:33 AM. Reason: added further comment
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

GM
    Welcome back! You will not regret your desicion.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Once you go 1911 you will not go back.
    I am, albeit slowely, comming around to accept this. My recent purchase of a SA Mil-Spec SS has altered my views on the 1911 platform significantly.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

I second the welcome back...The 1911 is (IMO) truly the best of the best as far as personal defense. I live in S. Louisiana so I know bout the concealment issues, but the comfort of what I have with me outweights all other!!!

Links