S&w ppk/s 380 ?????

S&w ppk/s 380 ?????

This is a discussion on S&w ppk/s 380 ????? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just pick up a used PPK.S/ I made by S@W I yet to shoot but did check the recall on the serial number seem ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ConcealedG30

Thread: S&w ppk/s 380 ?????

S&w ppk/s 380 ?????

I just pick up a used PPK.S/ I made by S@W I yet to shoot but did check the recall on the serial number seem the safety lever also works as a de-cocker may not block the hammer when the safety is engaged
    I wonder I am not a fan having a live round in the chamber and letting the hammer fall I am likely to walk the hammer down.I like to ask any one here own one that failed?
    I will say I bet the gun made around 2002 doesn't have a box of rounds threw it.I did fired it tested the hammer decocker with a live round in the chamber knocking it off from safety to fire : No problem
    I also double check the internal hammer block and again it does what it was meant to do.I like the gun I find it shoots excellent no jams no stove pipes spits bullets from Monday to Sunday.I was thinking in returning it for the recall but would hate to get it back and start having problems.I wonder how many new PPK @ PPKS/1 owners never did send the gun in for the recall???

Get It Fixed.

I'm no safety freak, but I like to be safe.
    Geronimo45 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf5347 View Post
    I just pick up a used PPK.S/ I made by S@W I yet to shoot but did check the recall on the serial number seem the safety lever also works as a de-cocker may not block the hammer when the safety is engaged
    I wonder I am not a fan having a live round in the chamber and letting the hammer fall I am likely to walk the hammer down.I like to ask any one here own one that failed?
    I will say I bet the gun made around 2002 doesn't have a box of rounds threw it.I did fired it tested the hammer decocker with a live round in the chamber knocking it off from safety to fire : No problem
    I also double check the internal hammer block and again it does what it was meant to do.I like the gun I find it shoots excellent no jams no stove pipes spits bullets from Monday to Sunday.I was thinking in returning it for the recall but would hate to get it back and start having problems.I wonder how many new PPK @ PPKS/1 owners never did send the gun in for the recall???

You can check the serial number of your particular gun to see if it was subject to the recall. If it was recalled and the recall work has been done, there should be a punch mark indicating that the work was accomplished. While Smith & Wesson won't tell when a gun was manufactured, if you still have the test fire casing that came with the gun, the date that it was test fired is the approximate manufacturing date. Hope this helps. My particular gun was a post-recall model.

Links