S&W M&P compact .40 - Page 2

S&W M&P compact .40

This is a discussion on S&W M&P compact .40 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; M&P's are the only pistol that could replace my Glock 19 as my EDC. I find the M&P's to have the BEST trigger of any ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: S&W M&P compact .40

M&P's are the only pistol that could replace my Glock 19 as my EDC. I find the M&P's to have the BEST trigger of any of the striker fired polymer guns....no grit....glass break trigger....accuracy is just freaking scary.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I have a 9c and a .40c and really like them both. I started with the 9c, added a .40 FS then got a great deal on the .40 compact (a dealer was having a sale, I got the .40c with night sights and three magazines for $450 + Tax). I haven't had time to get to the range with the .40 yet (lots of dry fire, though), but the 9 is a dream to shoot, and accurate as all get out. I'm still mulling over the Apex additions, because the triggers on both of these are quite acceptable and the reset is much more positive than I've been led to expect from the forums posts I've read elsewhere. I'm happy with all my M&Ps...
    Gary

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"

I have the 9c, and don't wear a lot of dress pants, so I can get by with a 1-1/2" belt I got from the Belt Man. If I wore a lot of dress pants, I'd order a narrower belt form the same source and go with that. I haven't been carrying long, but the experience I have had with the Crossbreed QwikClip has been very good. It pulls up nice and tight to my body, (I'm not real big, so it has to be tight to me if I'm going to hide it well). I also would never buy a holster without a leather backer between the receive and my skin, which the QwikClip has.

I have noticed that the magazine extender for the S&W magazines, which allows for my pinky to get a grip on the gun while shooting, is less concealable than the flat bottomed magazine. I tend to carry it behind my hip. It does have enough heft to warrant a good belt.
    Just cause you're paranoid, doesn't mean you're wrong....

I have a M&P40c as my go to primary carry gun with 5k trouble free rounds down the tube. I love it and is one gun I won't be selling ever because I shoot it great, low recoil and dam reliable.

Good choice and enjoy your M&P40c now go buy a 40 full size and you can carry both at the same time.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links