ITCH

This is a discussion on ITCH within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Get the G19 as I think everyone should have at least one. Although I perfer carrying a G30...

View Poll Results: What is the next buy

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • G27

6 7.59%
  • G19

55 69.62%
  • G30

18 22.78%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: ITCH

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Get the G19 as I think everyone should have at least one. Although I perfer carrying a G30
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

2. Remove Ads

The 19 is the best all around of the Glock line up. I would do it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    My first Glock bought in 1994 and still with me today was a Glock 19.

Except for ankle carry I can conceal it anywhere I can conceal a G-26. I carry AIWB.

My EDC the majority of the time is a G-23. Same goes for that with a G-27 as goes for the G-19 vs. G-26.

I have a G-21 that was my duty weapon that I carry very seldom concealed because of it's size and the hot Florida weather not allowing for a proper cover garment.

If I want to conceal a .45 ACP I carry a G-36 but I have considered getting a G-30 for the added ammo capacity.

The baby Glocks have never felt quite right in my large hands and if I add a Pierce Grip adapter the grip becomes the size of my compact Glocks.

These are the Glocks that work for me. Good luck on deciding which one's work for you.

Attachment 52180 Old # 1 My 1994 G-19 with refinished slide and new springs done in 2010.
    click image to enlarge........
    Thanks, tough decisions
    • We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

VIP Member
    I would go with a G17 over a G19 any day of the week if you don't plan on using IWB. The G19 is a great gun, but it's the .40 caliber of Glocks, a compromise. G26 is better for CC and the G17 is better for OWB and overall shooting. I own both so I could careless, just throwing out a thought.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

You can do better than another "Block". So many much better guns to choose from if you have the "Block" basics covered already.

Quote Originally Posted by Grieb68 View Post
    You can do better than another "Block". So many much better guns to choose from if you have the "Block" basics covered already.
    You can't just say that without a full fledge suggestion, complete with stats and pics. Want would you suggest for $450 that has an impeccable reputation of dependability, easily concealable, simple maintenance, and has a crap load of reasonably priced after market items?
    • We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

My next Glock will be a 30, 'cause no gun collection can be truly complete without a .45. That could also be because I bought a 19 at the same time I bought my 26. :-). The 30 just seems like a good fit with 10 rounds of .45 and still smaller tnan the 19/23.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I would suggest the Glock 29 SF...after the 19.

Try something that doesn't start with a "G".
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I have a 19. My next Glock will be the 36.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

19 ftw, that is the one gun I would take if ther could be only one lol.my next will be a 26,30, or 36.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

If you have large hands, your lower 2 fingers will ride 'the humps' on a G19/23.
    At least mine do.
    Not the greatest grip.
    A Gen.2, or G17 will fix that.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

"Thoughts"

In my view anyone with more than two center fire handguns really needs to add a quality .22 pistol to his battery. He'll gain more practice, increase his shooting skills, and have more fun than he can imagine.
    Justified and OD* like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    I would suggest the Glock 29 SF...after the 19.
    10 mm sounds fun, but availability of ammo and price detirs me a bit away from these models.
    - George Orwell Military

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    "Thoughts"

In my view anyone with more than two center fire handguns really needs to add a quality .22 pistol to his battery. He'll gain more practice, increase his shooting skills, and have more fun than he can imagine.
    The thought has crossed my mind but I did just get a new .22 marlin to plink with. Just wish I had a yard I could do plinking in, instead I have to drive to an outdoor range or somethign.
    - George Orwell Military

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links