ITCH - Page 3

ITCH

This is a discussion on ITCH within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you want a .22 handgun, you can get one of the Advantage Arms conversions for your Glock. That way, you can at least practice ...

View Poll Results: What is the next buy

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • G27

6 7.59%
  • G19

55 69.62%
  • G30

18 22.78%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: ITCH

If you want a .22 handgun, you can get one of the Advantage Arms conversions for your Glock. That way, you can at least practice with the same trigger feel.
    Justified likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    10 mm sounds fun, but availability of ammo and price detirs me a bit away from these models.
    Thats why after the 19 you buy a 30. and then for around $250 you can get a full 10MM conversion kit for it. Then if the ammo gets scarce or to exspensive just switch it back to good ole .45ACP
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

So I should get a 23 with a 9mm cobersion and a .357 conversion and a .22 conversion
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

So I should get a 23 with a 9mm cobersion and a .357 conversion and a .22 conversion
    Why go little, the 30 offers you the more conversions. 9X25 Dillon and others too.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Quote Originally Posted by Dragman View Post
    Why go little, the 30 offers you the more conversions. 9X25 Dillon and others too.
    So who has said package for sale?
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Most company's don't make a ready made package that I know of anymore You only need a drop in barrel (Lone Wolfe) new Guide rod and and recoil spring system which is easy to find on line and Mags. Look back through the classified I sold one about 2-3 months ago.

Most company's don't make a ready made package that I know of anymore You only need a drop in barrel (Lone Wolfe) new Guide rod and and recoil spring system which is easy to find on line and Mags. Look back through the classified I sold one about 2-3 months ago.
    I have no quams buying used. My 26 was used and has been GREAT. I was hoping someone would see that and say, "I have that set up and will sell it to you for 500.00 shipped"
    - George Orwell Military

VIP Member
    Correct. Some say you need a G29 extractor (for the 10mm conversion), but I found that not to be the case. I bought Dragman's setup and it feeds like poop through a goose.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Correct. Some say you need a G29 extractor (for the 10mm conversion), but I found that not to be the case. I bought Dragman's setup and it feeds like poop through a goose.
    Great analagy
    - George Orwell Military

I voted for the 19. I own a 27 and a couple of 19s, along with several other Glocks. If you already have a 26, the 19 is ammo-compatible. I like my 27, but with modern advances in self-defense ammunition, I don't believe that .40 is that much better than 9x19 as a "stopper." Besides, the 26 holds one more round than the 27, and recoils less. (Not that recoil amounts to that much with a 27.) Any road, I think the 27 would, for most practical purposes, essentially duplicate your 26. The 19 is very "carryable," gets better ballistics than the 26, and is easier to shoot well than either the 26 or 27.

FWIW, my favorite Glock is an old, beat-up 1st Generation 17 on which I've cut the grip to 19-length. I love that ugly old gun!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeVick View Post
    I voted for the 19. I own a 27 and a couple of 19s, along with several other Glocks. If you already have a 26, the 19 is ammo-compatible. I like my 27, but with modern advances in self-defense ammunition, I don't believe that .40 is that much better than 9x19 as a "stopper." Besides, the 26 holds one more round than the 27, and recoils less. (Not that recoil amounts to that much with a 27.) Any road, I think the 27 would, for most practical purposes, essentially duplicate your 26. The 19 is very "carryable," gets better ballistics than the 26, and is easier to shoot well than either the 26 or 27.

FWIW, my favorite Glock is an old, beat-up 1st Generation 17 on which I've cut the grip to 19-length. I love that ugly old gun!
    Do you have a link illistrating the ballistics between the 26 and 19? And since you have WAY TOO MANY G19s, perhaps you could help a brother out...............
    - George Orwell Military

Do you have a link illistrating the ballistics between the 26 and 19? And since you have WAY TOO MANY G19s, perhaps you could help a brother out...............
    No, I don't, but I'll be happy to run some over the chronograph in the next few days and post the results here. I have some chronography I need to do, anyway, on some .38 Special reloads and some new CCI .22 ammo I just got, so I'll try to remember to pull out my 26 and my 19 and blast a few 9x19s over the screens. Do you have a preference as to what ammo for which you'd like to see results? I have several different self-defense loads on-hand, so I might have what you want to see.

As for selling one, I think not. My old 19s need to stay with me, lest they develop self-image issues...

No, I don't, but I'll be happy to run some over the chronograph in the next few days and post the results here. I have some chronography I need to do, anyway, on some .38 Special reloads and some new CCI .22 ammo I just got, so I'll try to remember to pull out my 26 and my 19 and blast a few 9x19s over the screens. Do you have a preference as to what ammo for which you'd like to see results? I have several different self-defense loads on-hand, so I might have what you want to see.

As for selling one, I think not. My old 19s need to stay with me, lest they develop self-image issues...
    F C +P hallow point is what I have in there now.

It was worth a try.
    - George Orwell Military

Which Federal +P load, 115, 124, 147? I may have some on hand, but if I don't, I'll use whatever I have that comes closest. I know I have some 124gr. +P Gold Dots, some Cor-Bon 115gr.+P (same ballistics as Federal 9BPLE +P+), and WW RA9TA 127gr. +P+. I may also have some Double Tap loads and some Cor-Bon 147gr. I'm pretty sure I'm out of 9BPLE. Regardless, what you really need to see is the comparison between the different barrel lengths.

Which Federal +P load, 115, 124, 147? I may have some on hand, but if I don't, I'll use whatever I have that comes closest. I know I have some 124gr. +P Gold Dots, some Cor-Bon 115gr.+P (same ballistics as Federal 9BPLE +P+), and WW RA9TA 127gr. +P+. I may also have some Double Tap loads and some Cor-Bon 147gr. I'm pretty sure I'm out of 9BPLE. Regardless, what you really need to see is the comparison between the different barrel lengths.
    124g but if you have 147g I would be curious to see those. The barrel length is the thing. Do you write for a publication or something?
    - George Orwell Military

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links