ITCH - Page 4

ITCH

This is a discussion on ITCH within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'll save you the trouble... BBTI - 9mm Luger I'll let you decide for yourself if the difference is significant or not. ETA - The ...

View Poll Results: What is the next buy

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • G27

6 7.59%
  • G19

55 69.62%
  • G30

18 22.78%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: ITCH

I'll save you the trouble...

BBTI - 9mm Luger

I'll let you decide for yourself if the difference is significant or not.

ETA - The G19 barrel is 4" while the G26 is 3.5".
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I'll save you the trouble...

BBTI - 9mm Luger

I'll let you decide for yourself if the difference is significant or not.

ETA - The G19 barrel is 4" while the G26 is 3.5".
    No glocks listed but if I did some math based on the generic chart it would appear that a 19 = 1066.305 and a 26 = 917.765

Still fun to see the real world results
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Back in the 80s, I wrote a few articles for GUNS, Guns and Ammo, and American Handgunner Annual. I've not written any for awhile. It doesn't pay all that much for the work involved, and I get as much enjoyment writing for a private forum I'm on with some fellows whose names you might recognize. I occasionally do some expert witness work, as well.

I'll try to run 3 or four different loads over the screens and let you know the results here.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeVick View Post
    Back in the 80s, I wrote a few articles for GUNS, Guns and Ammo, and American Handgunner Annual. I've not written any for awhile. It doesn't pay all that much for the work involved, and I get as much enjoyment writing for a private forum I'm on with some fellows whose names you might recognize. I occasionally do some expert witness work, as well.

I'll try to run 3 or four different loads over the screens and let you know the results here.
    Too fun. Wow back in the 80s huh..... (can't find an old guy smiley). Do you have your own forum. Witness work would be good times.
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    Too fun. Wow back in the 80s huh..... (can't find an old guy smiley). Do you have your own forum. Witness work would be good times.
    Seems like only yesterday, but I've put on a lot of miles since then. No, I don't own the forum, but post regularly there. There are only about 40 of us, and it's invitation-only. E-mail or PM me if you want more information.

cmb
    I went with the 19, ammo compatibility and mags go a long way... but I wanted to say 30 because well its a 45 and the 30's have a great rep and ample ammo supply as well as being concealable...
    "The greatest pride is to think you are humnble enough." CS Lewis

"Woe to those who call evil, good and good, evil." Isaiah 5.20

"Sin is a disguised form of insanity." Al Mohler

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grieb68 View Post
    You can do better than another "Block". So many much better guns to choose from if you have the "Block" basics covered already.
    thats not what he is asking in his poll and thread
    AZJD1968 likes this.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

VIP Member
    I went with 19 since you already have the 26 and can share mags and ammo, comes in handy on trips and when changing from more discreet carry to something where a bigger weapon can be carried....and the 19 is next on my list since I already have a 21, 17, 30, and 26

now.....another thought since you mentioned
    Quote Originally Posted by Justified
    Maybe I'll just go SK or AK.
    just a thought.....If you don't have a rifle....get one then get the 19, and then a 30
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

Quote Originally Posted by cmb View Post
    I went with the 19, ammo compatibility and mags go a long way... but I wanted to say 30 because well its a 45 and the 30's have a great rep and ample ammo supply as well as being concealable...
    This is my plite.
    - George Orwell Military

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    I went with 19 since you already have the 26 and can share mags and ammo, comes in handy on trips and when changing from more discreet carry to something where a bigger weapon can be carried....and the 19 is next on my list since I already have a 21, 17, 30, and 26

now.....another thought since you mentioned
    just a thought.....If you don't have a rifle....get one then get the 19, and then a 30
    I might be leaning that way. I mean it is easy for you to say, you have all those sexy pistolas. So it might go SkS/AK then 19. So do you got a good yugo for sale?
    - George Orwell Military

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    thats not what he is asking in his poll and thread
    Thank you..... there they went again. My vote was for the G30
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

VIP Member
    I might be leaning that way. I mean it is easy for you to say, you have all those sexy pistolas. So it might go SkS/AK then 19. So do you got a good yugo for sale?
    I have one AK (WASR) but it sure isn't for sale LOL, I think having a rifle to fill that role is more important than adding another pistol for a role you already have covered

....and for the record....I have 9 handguns, 4 of them Glocks and I don't think they're sexy
    the H&K USP full size 45...maybe, the 4" blued Ruger GP100....maybe....but definitely not the Glocks
    Last edited by 64zebra; July 29th, 2011 at 04:00 PM.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragman View Post
    Most company's don't make a ready made package that I know of anymore You only need a drop in barrel (Lone Wolfe) new Guide rod and and recoil spring system which is easy to find on line and Mags. Look back through the classified I sold one about 2-3 months ago.
    I own the G30, and the 10mm conversion. I have shot upwards of 1000 rounds of 10mm through my G30. The guide rod and recoil spring assembly from the G29 and 30 is the same from the factory. No need to change them. And the ejector and extractor have functioned flawlessly so far cycling the 10mm caseings. I'm verry happy with my setup.

Also I own the G27,23,and 22, and have the 9mm conversion barrel and the .357 sig for all three. I have thousands of 9mm rounds through my G27,23,and 22. Again have not changed a recoil spring, ejector or extractor.

Guide rods for the G26,27,and 33.
    G 19,23,32
    G 17, 22, 31 are the same from the factory. I don't have time to do it now, but I will post links later tonight to verify this for you.

I am speaking for gen 2 and 3 only. I will have to verify if this applies to Gen 4 Glocks.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Should I amend the post to read, "Glock haters need not reply"?
    Wasn't there a thread last night about just this topic. Add comment to assist the OP, add insight, or share your opinion on the topic but don't throw off the discussion because you just do not like the topic or gun.
    AZJD1968 and 64zebra like this.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

I went with the G30. It is my favorite Glock
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links