ITCH

ITCH

This is a discussion on ITCH within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, so I got the "I NEED to buy another Glock" itch. So I am trying to justify it some how. So should I go ...

View Poll Results: What is the next buy

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • G27

6 7.59%
  • G19

55 69.62%
  • G30

18 22.78%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: ITCH

Question ITCH

OK, so I got the "I NEED to buy another Glock" itch. So I am trying to justify it some how. So should I go with a 27 or a 19?

The 27 would be nice because I don't have a .40 anymore and the 27 could be a carry piece and I wouldn't have to get a new holster.

The 19 would be nice because every 26 could use a big brother to share ammo and mags with. Would be a bit big for me to carry but I'm sure I would try from time to time.

And then there is the 30 but my Kimber takes care of the .45 but it would be nice to have one of those as well.

Thoughts?
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

VIP Member
    If you don't own a G19, you owe it to yourself. Not having one is like not owning a 1911. Then go get the G30.

I have five Glocks...of your choices, I'd pick the Glock-30...best shooter of the Glock line and with bigger holes.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Meh.....none of the above?
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    This right here....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    If you don't own a G19, you owe it to yourself. Not having one is like not owning a 1911. Then go get the G30.
    I like the 19 because the mags would work great A's spares for my 26. My buddy has a 19 & a 30. I just have to talk him out of both.
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Should I amend the post to read, "Glock haters need not reply"?
    - George Orwell Military

You already have what I consider the best Glock there is - the G26. You could always make your G26 larger by using the G19 or G17 mags, and even the longer barrel if you want to. The only thing the G26 lacks is the rail for accessories, if that matters to you. I don't see a "need" for a G19...or a G27...or a G30. Sorry.

Your best cure for your itch is to shoot the G26 more, and realize what an awesome pistol it is. So much reliable, shootable firepower in such a small package. Maybe spend the money on a class instead? Or a CT Laserguard? Or both?
    Justified and WHEC724 like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    I like the 19 because the mags would work great A's spares for my 26. My buddy has a 19 & a 30. I just have to talk him out of both.
    Yup. I only have two G26 mags, but stacks of G19 mags (plus two 33 rounders, which will start getting used when I get around to getting a Keltec SUB2000).

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    You already have what I consider the best Glock there is - the G26. You could always make your G26 larger by using the G19 or G17 mags, and even the longer barrel if you want to. The only thing the G26 lacks is the rail for accessories, if that matters to you. I don't see a "need" for a G19...or a G27...or a G30. Sorry.

Your best cure for your itch is to shoot the G26 more, and realize what an awesome pistol it is. So much reliable, shootable firepower in such a small package. Maybe spend the money on a class instead? Or a CT Laserguard? Or both?
    Good answer. Not the justification I was looking for but still a good answer. Maybe I'll just go SK or AK.
    - George Orwell Military

Out of what you gave for options I voted go 19. I've got an love the 27. The 27 is an excellent carry weapon, however you've got a 26, the only difference is getting the .40, I'd actually probably recommend the 23 to be even more dynamic (and a few 9mm parts and it'll feed cheap at the range too). Unless this is a carry only gun I wouldn't make the move to the 27 yet, get it, just not next The G19 is the F-16 of Glocks, the Multi-role fighter, it will give you something that's a good cheap ammo feeder at the range that can also be CC'ed that's also good for Home Defense and competition. I'm ranking model diversity (within a continuity of arms),s a important than caliber diversity. Statistics show that accuracy trumps caliber everyday of the week, so while the .40 and .45 are good rounds, don't completely discount the 9mm when you've gotten consistent having it on target. Besides you've already got the Kimber if you feel you need the .45. The 19 in your case is also going to mesh well with your G26 and the 26 will accept it's magazines providing even more carry and BUG options.
    Justified likes this.

Glock Certified Armorer

Administrator
    I'd get the 19.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Glock 19, it's my edc
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

Nice short, consice answers there sixto & Spencer. So I guess my next question is who has a G19 they want to get rid of :-D
    - George Orwell Military

Cool

My first Glock bought in 1994 and still with me today was a Glock 19.

Except for ankle carry I can conceal it anywhere I can conceal a G-26. I carry AIWB.

My EDC the majority of the time is a G-23. Same goes for that with a G-27 as goes for the G-19 vs. G-26.

I have a G-21 that was my duty weapon that I carry very seldom concealed because of it's size and the hot Florida weather not allowing for a proper cover garment.

If I want to conceal a .45 ACP I carry a G-36 but I have considered getting a G-30 for the added ammo capacity.

The baby Glocks have never felt quite right in my large hands and if I add a Pierce Grip adapter the grip becomes the size of my compact Glocks.

These are the Glocks that work for me. Good luck on deciding which one's work for you.

photo.jpg Old # 1 My 1994 G-19 with refinished slide and new springs done in 2010.
    click image to enlarge........
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links