Ruger LC9

This is a discussion on Ruger LC9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife is the proud new owner of a Ruger LC9. After getting it home and really looking at this gun. I think I'm just ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LC9

Ruger LC9

My wife is the proud new owner of a Ruger LC9. After getting it home and really looking at this gun. I think I'm just a little jealous. I want one now. Don't think I'll trade in my Glock 23 but I like the gun.

2. Remove Ads

Congratulations on your selection. I got one a couple months ago and love it. My buddy made me a OWB Kydex Holster and Mag Holders for it and its so lite it like wearing nothing at all..

Congrats to your wife on a fine firearm!
    The LC9 grows on you...... it's a easy gun to carry!

Shoot safe,,,

Lateck,
    Proud Ruger & SIG owner, in the Free State of Arizona

Any recalls on it yet?
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

None so far.

1370 rounds through mine so far and 3 FTE on cheap range ammo. Perfect, no. Trustworthy, yes.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I love my LC9 and find that I carry it more and more, but I am curious, has your wife actually shot it yet? I was thinking that it could be a bit intimidating for a woman to shoot, especially if she is a novice. How does she handle it?

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

900 flawless rounds through mine.

How are the triggers on these? I have a couple of Kel-Tec PF-9s that I've considered selling, mostly because the triggers suck. If I do, I'll either buy an LCP or a Kimber Solo. The triggers on the two Solos I've handled were sweet, but I've not yet fondled one of these little Rugers.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeVick View Post
    How are the triggers on these? I have a couple of Kel-Tec PF-9s that I've considered selling, mostly because the triggers suck. If I do, I'll either buy an LCP or a Kimber Solo. The triggers on the two Solos I've handled were sweet, but I've not yet fondled one of these little Rugers.
    The trigger is very very long. You have to pull the trigger all the way to the point where it just about "touches" the frame before it will fire. On reset, you feel a false reset point first, then you keep releasing till the second click. If you like to ride the trigger to reset, then it can cause short-stroking.

All that being said it is a great little pistol, especially if you like the idea of a thumb safety for pocket or "purse" carry. With the introduction of the Kahr CM9, the price advantage of this pistol is somewhat diminished though. Still, I'd not hesitate to get this for anyone. It isn't a range gun, but it is perfect for SD CCW.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    I don't like the trigger, like the white dot sights, like the size and oddly, since I don't usually have a safety on my HGs I like the safety. Don't like the muzzle flip and recoil. Also, ashamed to admit, I can't hit anything with it, though I'm quite accurate at 7-10 yds with my XDm 9mm.

Got a CT LG-412 to help things and it doesn't help much with accuracy. Guess I need to work on my grip and get a larger target and see just where I'm hitting. I think my grouping is OK, it's just all off center.

Anyone know of a good holster for the Laser+LC9?

I have about 500 rds. through mine now and really like it. I can wear it all day and hardly notice it is there.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Update:

I finally got some shots in a larger target at the range and discovered it was shooting about 3" low and 3" to the right, even with the laser. I did a primitive bench rest session and when I aimed up and to the right all the shots went into the 10 ring. Next trip I'll take the allen wrench and fix the laser sight. It's a bit odd since I've had three CT lasers and they all shoot dead center except this one on the LC9.

As to holsters, I discovered that Uncle Mikes sells the IWB cheapo holster with a retention strap. Size 1 fits snugly and is a good buy until someone makes some decent holsters for it. I put it outside the pants but inside the belt for easy removal.

HTH

Sponsor
    I just got a little range time in with an LC9 yesterday. I really wanted to love this gun. I don't. It's not terrible by any stretch, just not great. The trigger is long and "springy", not really what I would call stiff but it felt spongy and the break seemed to be random. It was a range rental so I have no idea what the round count was on it. I put 50 through it and didn't have any malfs. but the trigger combined with the relatively slick grip made me feel like I was squeezing watermelon seeds. I'm eyeballing the Walther/S&W PPS now.
    Last edited by luvmy40; August 6th, 2011 at 02:32 PM.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJ View Post
    Update:

I finally got some shots in a larger target at the range and discovered it was shooting about 3" low and 3" to the right, even with the laser. I did a primitive bench rest session and when I aimed up and to the right all the shots went into the 10 ring. Next trip I'll take the allen wrench and fix the laser sight. It's a bit odd since I've had three CT lasers and they all shoot dead center except this one on the LC9.

As to holsters, I discovered that Uncle Mikes sells the IWB cheapo holster with a retention strap. Size 1 fits snugly and is a good buy until someone makes some decent holsters for it. I put it outside the pants but inside the belt for easy removal.

HTH
    Check out Holster Pro Holsterpro Gun Leather - Custom Hand Crafted in the U.S.A. Paul is a great guy
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I actually like the trigger, yes it's a longer pull, but I have no issues being very accurate with this gun. At the range it's just as accurate as my SR9c; although a completely different trigger.
    Ruger: SR9, SR9C
    S&W: M&P Shield 9mm, M&P 15 Sport
    Glock: G20 SF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links