FNH FNP .45 Tactical

FNH FNP .45 Tactical

This is a discussion on FNH FNP .45 Tactical within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im in the market for a full size pistol and i have been leaning towards the fnp 45 tac but i havent seen too many ...

Thread: FNH FNP .45 Tactical

FNH FNP .45 Tactical

Im in the market for a full size pistol and i have been leaning towards the fnp 45 tac but i havent seen too many personal opinions on it. Any one got any thoughts on it?

I have a fnp-45 USG and I think it's a great gun. I believe the difference with the Tactical version is a longer and threaded barrel and that you can remove a small piece of the top of the slide and mount a red dot. This is the first time I have seen this and I think it's pretty clever since you don't have to remove the iron sights. the threaded barrel might not be be very useful unless you live in a state where they allow silencers though.
    There is a pretty big article in the September/October 2011 issue of Handgunner on the Competition model, which is pretty similar (no threaded barrel though) so you might want to pick up a copy.

I own the FNP .45 Tactical and it truly is an amazing gun. Fits my hand perfectly. I have around at this point 300 rounds threw it with no failures. Shoots amazing groups, and fully ambidextrous. The recoil is very mild imo compared to most other .45 ACPs.

15 rounds 1 second intervals @ 35 feet.

Kahr CW9, Sig Sauer P226 SCT 9mm, Sig Sauer P229 SCT 9mm, FNH FNP .45 Tactical
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    I don't own one, but I've shot one on several occasions, putting close to 200 rounds through one. They are great guns. You won't find a better hi-capacity .45 on the market.

Check with CDNN Sports, they have some great pricing on FNH products, right now.

CDNN Sports
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I have the same model that Chalk316 has......it is way to big to carry concealed, but it is now the firearm I carry around the farm on the tractors & 4 wheeler. I'm still deciding on which micro red dot to put on it.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

fnptac.jpg

im liking that

well im sold then lol thats my next pistol. also from what ive read is the tactical comes standard with raised night sights to accommodate the silencer. thanks for the input guys.

Sponsored Links