Carried my new BUG today

Carried my new BUG today

This is a discussion on Carried my new BUG today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My normal carry pistol is a j frame .38 in a Nemesis pocket holster. I decided to try one of my IWB holsters today to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Carried my new BUG today

Carried my new BUG today

My normal carry pistol is a j frame .38 in a Nemesis pocket holster. I decided to try one of my IWB holsters today to try to get comfortable with that mode of carry. As I was looking at my holsters, the Blackhawk holster I bought from Ruger for my LC9 was marked size 03 Glock 26/27.

So instead of letting the j frame ride in an IWB holster, I let the j frame stay in my pocket. The Glock 26 got to go out with me for the first time as a BUG for my Smith! I am a lefty and I wore it around the 8:00 position. It took some trial and error to get it positioned, but it was amazingly comfortable.

The only other time I wore an IWB holster out of the house was my old Keltec P11 in a K holster. It was not a pleasant experience, and it was very uncomfortable.

For my fellow drinkers of the Kool Aide, what kind of holster do you use to carry your Glock?
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Most of my IWB holsters are from Fist, this one in particular...

FIST, INC.
    Superhouse 15 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

From what you are describing I would do one of two things, get a Comp-Tac Infidel, or a Secret City Weaponeers Isotope 7

Secret City is a sponsor here and their stuff is made by Gary Brommleand. My wife has one for 26, and we both love carrying it. It would be great at your 8 oclock as it has a 20 degree forward cant

The Infidel is kydex with good retention and would be easy on and off in one unit. The Comp Tac stuff is first rate. Both really good choices in Leather or Kydex.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Your Glock is a back up to a J-frame. Bet you never need that Glock lol.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Love your avatar. Huge Boys fan here. Cant comment on the Glock as I am not a Kool-Aid drinker, but what J frame are you carrying? I have planned to have my 442 as my BUG to me LC9. Things may change but that is the plan as of now.

BigJon

Thanks for the suggestions. I am still trying to get comfortable carrying anything in an IWB holster.

Love your avatar. Huge Boys fan here. Cant comment on the Glock as I am not a Kool-Aid drinker, but what J frame are you carrying? I have planned to have my 442 as my BUG to me LC9. Things may change but that is the plan as of now.
    I can't help being a Cowboy fan. I grew up watching Roger Staubach and Drew Pearson and I have loved them ever since.

My j frame is a 638 currently loaded with Buffalo Bore 158 gr lswchp. The +P was just too nasty for me out of the Airweight. I also have an LC9, but I find that now that it is back from Ruger for jamming all of the time the accuracy is not that great for me. If I can work out my issues with the LC9, I might carry it more often. On the other hand, the G26 is looking better all the time.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    BUG--try to think of it as your Secondary.

we tend to act like we think
    and act as we train

so if you have a developing situation it may be that you 'think' 1st about how it will resolve with your Primary
    when in fact your Secondary may be on the better side to present from. and/or a bunch of 'what-ifs' may
    make it the preferred go to item for 'that' situation.

life comes at you from all sides--think that way also.

have fun with it? and let your strong hand play also.

p-11, i wore with its belt clip for many years. carried at 3:30 ans with a very thin belt.
    often i would come home and forget to take it off. it carried that well.
    arthritis makes it too wild to practice with but i often carry it in the spring & fall as suits my style of dress.
    cmb likes this.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    Just bought a DeSantis Speed Scabbard holster for my Glock 31 last week. I needed one in a hurry, so I was limited in choices. I'm looking at RGrizzle or High Noon for my next gun hide.

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    Your Glock is a back up to a J-frame. Bet you never need that Glock lol.
    I came back from my errands yesterday and had to go back out to do some more stuff. The j frame was locked back up and it was just me and my 26 the second time out.

The reference to BUG was slightly tongue in cheek. Once I find a holster and a method that I really like, the 26 & an extra mag will probably be the only one with me.

Claude, good point about Primary and Secondary. Never thought about having one strong side and one weak side. My j frame was in my strong side front pocket and the 26 was behind my strongside hip. I am not sure if I will carry two very often, but it is nice to know that I could.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    A Glock 26 as a BUG for a J Frame revolver? That's the first I've ever heard about that, but sounds like a good plan for you.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Distinguished Member Array Haywood's Avatar
    My Glock 26 is back up for my LCR357 (Right rear pocket) and my 442 (Left rear pocket). That is for today. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Cool

High Noon Public Secret for my G-19, 23 and 36.

AIWB.......

photo.jpg
    click image to enlarge......
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

cmb
    I like the phrase "secondary" I will start referring to my bug as that... kudos to claude clay I feel the carrying of two guns primarily for accesibilityin different situations is wise and prudent and with all the options in small concealable firearms available today it is very easy to do in most situations...
    "The greatest pride is to think you are humnble enough." CS Lewis

"Woe to those who call evil, good and good, evil." Isaiah 5.20

"Sin is a disguised form of insanity." Al Mohler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links