1st time out with new Sig SP2022

This is a discussion on 1st time out with new Sig SP2022 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up a NIB Sig SP2022 a couple days ago. Installed smaller grip. Bought 2 additional mags. Cleaned/lubed before shooting. Numbered my mags and ...

Thread: 1st time out with new Sig SP2022

1st time out with new Sig SP2022

I picked up a NIB Sig SP2022 a couple days ago. Installed smaller grip. Bought 2 additional mags. Cleaned/lubed before shooting. Numbered my mags and cycled them throughout range time. The DA trigger pull is long, but smooth. The SA pull is NICE! The SA pull is listed at 4lbs., not sure if thats correct, but it does feel great. The reset is short and positive with an audible and felt click. I ran 240 rounds through it today of various 115gr. and 124gr. fmj's. ZERO malfunctions! Ran great. I hoped I wouldn't shoot it as well as my G19 (my current EDC), but I was more accurate with the Sig. I'm sure the lighter trigger helped. And if I continue to get better with it, the SP2022 will become my EDC. Shot placement counts! Anyway, I know this pistol is a KEEPER! Here are a few pics of the pistol and ammo I put through it. Also, a pic of a 7 yard 5-shot group, and a pic of a 10 yard 10-shot group. I know the pistol is more accurate than I am--this is what I could do the first time out. One great pistol for the $$!!!

2. Remove Ads

good to hear, nice firearm

GM
    Glad you like it. Enjoy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I am thinking strongly of getting one. Cannot decide between that or a Glock 17. Hmmmm...........

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    I am thinking strongly of getting one. Cannot decide between that or a Glock 17. Hmmmm...........
    Go for it!! Believe me, I love my G19. But, this Sig's SA trigger is nice, and as I said I shot it more accurately than I can my G19. I'm not going to say which pistol is more accurate, but I will say that I'm a more accurate shooter with the SP2022. The sight radius on the G19 and Sig 2022 is the same. Get the Sig and use the difference ($$) for more ammo!!!

My corworker has been buying and trading in the sigpro series guns for the last few years. Seems he always has one or is dealing on one. They are great shooters. Probably one of the most underrated guns Sig makes, with a very good price.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I got one in 40,I'm actually letting a friends wife borrow it to qualify for her CHL,she loves the way it shoots
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I picked up an 2022 in 9mm a few weeks ago. Mine seems to shoot about 2-3 inches low at 20 feet. I had a friend try it without telling him my problem and he had the exact same issue. Any help, thoughts or suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by detindebt View Post
    I picked up an 2022 in 9mm a few weeks ago. Mine seems to shoot about 2-3 inches low at 20 feet. I had a friend try it without telling him my problem and he had the exact same issue. Any help, thoughts or suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks
    The only thing I can ask is what type of hold/sight picture are you taking? 6 o'clock? I'll tell you with mine, it's DEAD ON with a DEAD ON hold, not a 6 o'clock hold. I COVER what I want to destroy with the front sight dot. Mine hit well from 7-20 yards with this sight picture. You might want to try that if you're taking a 6 o'clock hold.

Just wondering if you've given my suggestion a try?

8Th, thanks for the suggestion but I haven't had a chance to take I it to the range yet. I'll report back once I give it a shot. Btw Top Gun Supply has the 15 rd msg in stock for $32 plus shipping.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Nice, 8th ID! I did the exact same thing last weekend. I love my new SP2022 and it's actually my first handgun. I had a lot of fun with it and it shot great. I hope to make it my EDC soon. And, nice to meet a fellow Kentuckian!

captain juno--

Great choice in my opinion. Where are you in KY? If you're around Lexington/central KY, you might want to try an IDPA match sometime. Bluegrass Sportmans League in Wilmore has a match every month. Congrats on the new pistol!

8Th, thanks for the suggestion but I haven't had a chance to take I it to the range yet. I'll report back once I give it a shot. Btw Top Gun Supply has the 15 rd msg in stock for $32 plus shipping.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info on the mags. Please post when you have a chance to get your 2022 out again.

Links