Range Report

Range Report

This is a discussion on Range Report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I have had to make a few trips to a bigger city over the last few weeks and will in the next few so ...

Thread: Range Report

Range Report

So I have had to make a few trips to a bigger city over the last few weeks and will in the next few so i got a 30 day membership at an indoor range and have been doing some long needed shooting...

Today I shot an EAA 12 9mm 12 rd compact DA/SA with decocker (think copy of S&W 5913 or CZ) I had never shot it and it was passed down through family so I thought I'd give it a go... it had the worst DA trigger I have ever shot...but in single action it did great the sights were pretty good, mil spec style and it was a decent shooter... the little guy is pretty heavy though for its size...

I also got a free rental (though I had to buy some ammo to shoot in it, only 1$ more than walmart so it wasn't that bad) so I tried a Taurus PT145. I had never shot a 45 compact; only 1911's and the G30 just don't fit me or feel right... the taurus felt good and it had a lot of take up in the trigger but the trigger was decent and once i got used to the straight eight sights it did pretty well for what it is... accuracy was decent and i shot it out to 20 yds...

I was able to borrow a SW M&P 45 compact and it had a better trigger than the PT145 and I will say I was impressed with the ergonomics of the M&P...

I also shot my High Point C9 (let the scowls and remarks begin) and as usual it shot great (I have had it for 5 years and have put at least 1,000 rds through it), to the point of aim (I use the ghost ring sight set to the top of the front sight) I shot it all the way out 25 yds and it did not have any prob's today nor has it ever... It is my wifes favorite 9mm because the slide is easy to cycle and the recoil is very mild... I do have a slip on hogue grip on it... I know they catch flack, but my experience is never a malfunction of any kind and an easy shooter. i can take it fishing (fresh or salt) anywhere I go and even if something happened to it I am not out a large amount of money. so say what you may...

Last week i got to work out with my snubbies and 1911 so it has been a good couple weeks!
    "The greatest pride is to think you are humnble enough." CS Lewis

"Woe to those who call evil, good and good, evil." Isaiah 5.20

"Sin is a disguised form of insanity." Al Mohler

That's the kind of exercise program I like to hear about! Only around a 1000 rounds in 5 years for the Hi Point, you need more range time!
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Shootin other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter64 View Post
    That's the kind of exercise program I like to hear about! Only around a 1000 rounds in 5 years for the Hi Point, you need more range time!
    Mostly I shoot other stuff... I just don't get it out a lot... I shoot a lot more of the ones I carry!
    "The greatest pride is to think you are humnble enough." CS Lewis

"Woe to those who call evil, good and good, evil." Isaiah 5.20

"Sin is a disguised form of insanity." Al Mohler

Sponsored Links