Walther P5

Walther P5

This is a discussion on Walther P5 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the opportunity to buy a Walther P5 essentially brand new. It only has 50 or so rounds through it and it looks brand ...

Thread: Walther P5

Walther P5

I have the opportunity to buy a Walther P5 essentially brand new. It only has 50 or so rounds through it and it looks brand new. Anyone know what something like this is worth and what kind of carry gun it would make? The size looks to be good for a ccw. Thanks for any info.

The HKP7, Sig P6 and Walther P5 were all West German police pistols. They were introduced in the 80s when the euro-pds were looking for a 9mm single stack that held 8 rds and had a decocker. The P6 and P5 were similar in design & the P7 was the revolutionary super-cool toy.

I bought my P6 for $400 a few years ago & it was in really good shape aside from some holster wear. It came with two original mags, a mag holster & a shoulder rig. The P5 is harder to find. I would imagine $350-450 will be the likely asking price (there is one on gunbroker right now for $400). The P7s are the ones that can still run $700+. If it is a P5 COMPACT it may be worth some money since it was a limited run.

From Wikipedia:
    The Walther P5 is a 9mm semi-automatic pistol developed in the mid-1970s by the German small arms manufacturer Carl Walther GmbH Sportwaffen. It was designed with the German police forces in mind, who sought to replace existing 7.65mm pistols with a modern service sidearm incorporating enhanced safety features and chambered in 9x19mm Parabellum. A subsequent bid resulted in the Walther P5 being introduced into service alongside the SIG-Sauer P225 (designated P6 within the West German Federal Police) and Heckler & Koch P7.
    The rest of the article is here: Walther P5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and includes links to the other two weapons.

The only thing I do not like about them is the mag release on the heel of the grip. Never been a big fan of that placement. other than that, very cool gun!
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Walker, Texas Ranger - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database

It worked for Trivette and he was a Texas Ranger....

All jokes aside I have handled one and they seem very nice. Classic german Walther engineering and should serve you well.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Sponsored Links