Question for people that carry a Glock, IWB, 3-5 o'clock position.

This is a discussion on Question for people that carry a Glock, IWB, 3-5 o'clock position. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Kind of in a hurry here so I'll be breif. I have a Glock 19. I noticed that when the magazine is locked in it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Question for people that carry a Glock, IWB, 3-5 o'clock position.

Kind of in a hurry here so I'll be breif.

I have a Glock 19. I noticed that when the magazine is locked in it has a slight 'wiggle' to it. I've researched this online a little and it seems that it's normal for the magazine to 'wiggle' a little.

I wear my G-19 IWB around 3:30-4:00 o'clock position. When getting in the car or sitting on the couch it feels like there is a lot of pressure being applied from the seat to the bottom of my gun.

Is this going to hurt anything on my gun? Practically sitting on my gun over and over and over day in and day out? Anyone have any issues with the magazine well over time from constant applied pressure? I don't want to loosen anything up more than it already is.

And yea, I know Glocks have been run over with cars before and kept functioning. :)

Thanks
    3rdGen.Glock19.TaloEdition
    Glock.Factory.NS
    Remora.#10.RFT.SS
    16.GDJHP.124g.+P
    24/7

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    No, it won't hurt anything.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Nope you good man, glock on

Thanks guys. I won't worry about it. ;)
    Glock.Factory.NS
    Remora.#10.RFT.SS
    16.GDJHP.124g.+P
    24/7

As others have said it's not going to hurt the gun. But there are two solutions:

- Increase the forward cant of your holster
    - Get a G26
    Justified likes this.
    Gun control is not the answer. Gun control is the question. The answer is NO.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheel View Post
    As others have said it's not going to hurt the gun. But there are two solutions:

- Get a G26
    Both are really good answers. One is inexpensive the other gives you an excuse to buy a new pistol; win-win as I see it.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Can Glocks even get hurt? haha!

Quote Originally Posted by wheel View Post

- Get a G26
    The only thing it's gonna hurt is yer hind-end.

Been carring a G26 or G30 on any given day. I abuse the heck out of them and have had no problems for the last 4 months. When I look at the holsters its then that I see something that I believe will fail over time. Like I said I'm hard on equipment.

Like others said it will be ok...its a Glock. If you dont mind me asking what brand and material holster do you have? If any worry is to be had it would be on putting stress on the holster and mounting points, but i doubt that would be to much of a problem. just a thought
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Glock On!

If anything ever does happen, we'll always believe that it shouldn't have.

But seriously, you're "good to go!"
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler11B View Post
    Like others said it will be ok...its a Glock. If you dont mind me asking what brand and material holster do you have? If any worry is to be had it would be on putting stress on the holster and mounting points, but i doubt that would be to much of a problem. just a thought
    Remora holster. Hasn't really showed much fatigue yet. :)
    Glock.Factory.NS
    Remora.#10.RFT.SS
    16.GDJHP.124g.+P
    24/7

+1 for the forward cant and G26. It is what I do day in and day out. never a problem. I would not suggest changing the position or removing the weapon everytime you get in or out. Too many bad things can happen, just keep it were it is and eventually you won't even notice anything is there.
    • We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

I carry a Glock 19 in that position quite often. However I'm stumped on the whole concept of "sitting on it." Maybe my body/pants/holster is different from yours, but I don't recall ever sitting on my gun when it is in the holster on my hip. Admittedly, when wearing inside the waistband, sometimes it can become tight against my body, especially when sitting, but that is all. I have switched to carrying it outside the waistband for the most part.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

G19 in crossbreed supertuck IWB at 4 o'clock... snug and comfortable even when sitting in my car. The big hunk of leather on the CB ST keeps the pressure from the gun distributed nicely.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links