What do you think of Texas Defenders and the likes?

This is a discussion on What do you think of Texas Defenders and the likes? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thought I would go ahead and post some pics of "Sophia". Sad thing is we had to put her down about a year ago. Still ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What do you think of Texas Defenders and the likes?

Thought I would go ahead and post some pics of "Sophia". Sad thing is we had to put her down about a year ago. Still missing my "killer dog". I pity the fool that would try to take her "cigar" away. Kind of like her daddy:

RockStrongo likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    Thought I would go ahead and post some pics of "Sophia". Sad thing is we had to put her down about a year ago. Still missing my "killer dog". I pity the fool that would try to take her "cigar" away. Kind of like her daddy:
    She's beautiful, sorry you had to put her down. My girlfriend has a min-pin she rescued and I have a Jack Russell, maybe when I get a house I'll get a bigger dog.

Kel Tec makes a waistband clip for their .32s amd .380s. While I'm not a fan of everyday carry like that, you can slip it into the waistband of a pair of running shorts and carry it securely without the need for a belt or pockets. You should pay attention to wiping it down and watching the mainspring to prevent rust damage.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Here's some pics of my best friend, Smokey. I had to put him down a year ago last Sept. He had the canine equivalent of Lou Gherig's Disease. I still miss him.

The last 2 were taken on his last day. He was having a lot of trouble controlling his limbs. The first one was taken about 3 years before. He weighed 125 lbs. A big boy!
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

What about a small tight fitting backpack like a camelpack or something. Not ideal but it might work.

Quote Originally Posted by Oufan08 View Post
    I carry a Kel-Tec P-11 and most of the time it's ok but they are times I'd like something smaller and lighter, especially while running. I was looking at a 2-shot .357 magnum Texas Defender. What do you guys think of them?
    I have a Bond Snakeslayer IV.
    Very, very well made. Beautiful.
    Heavy as a brick. I might get the .22 magnum barrel just for fun, but carry? Not in a million years.
    I will concede this. It would be a perfect car gun, and they make a holster that looks perfect to attach on a seat belt. "BAD". It velcro's on a seat belt or regular belt, horizontally.

But this is not a small derringer, it's big and heavy. Shooting .410 buckshot, you need all the mass you can get.

VIP Member
    I have had several years ago. They r fun, pretty little guns with a old history but I carry a pocket kel Tec now...more bullets and faster to use, lighter and flatter.

Self Defense isn't just about carrying a defensive weapon,it's also about being aware of your surroundings,you probably know the trails like the back of your hand by now,when running when you come upon a blind curve etc stay out far enough that you can see a threat similar to "pieing" the corner,if you run around a corner obscured by a large Boulder too close, then somebody could jump you and have you on the ground and in a bad position to defend from, especially if theres more than one Actor.
    Run Smart,Carry one of the recommended firearms,and don't forget the mace and cell phone
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Nice Doggies,my Chocolate Lab "Lucky" had to be euthanised on 7/3/10,she was a sweetheart and really smart,I married a girl who likes to Bike and Run,she used to take Lucky when she went jogging,it reached a point that when Lucky saw her putting on her running shoes she would run and try to hide
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links