Ruger LC9 Special $299

Ruger LC9 Special $299

This is a discussion on Ruger LC9 Special $299 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone who lives near Hoffman's Gun Store in the Hartford CT area...they are having a four day sale on the LC9 for $299 each! A ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tokerblue

Thread: Ruger LC9 Special $299

Ruger LC9 Special $299

Anyone who lives near Hoffman's Gun Store in the Hartford CT area...they are having a four day sale on the LC9 for $299 each!

A great deal in my opinion....
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

VIP Member
    That's a great price, compared to down here. I have one and they're pretty good guns...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

That is a sweet deal!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I'd be on that like a duck on a junebug. I paid $350 for mine and at the time that was a heck of a deal.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Hoffman's always has great deals like this from time to time.

Unfortunately, I'm going to pass due to the heavy trigger, manual safety and the magazine disconnect safety. Ruger had a chance to make a LCP in 9mm. Instead, they decided to force California's ridiculous requirements on all of us. [/rant]
    joker1 likes this.

Is the Lc9 not selling well? I don't think a hot item would go on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    Hoffman's always has great deals like this from time to time.

Unfortunately, I'm going to pass due to the heavy trigger, manual safety and the magazine disconnect safety. Ruger had a chance to make a LCP in 9mm. Instead, they decided to force California's ridiculous requirements on all of us. [/rant]
    I agree with you completely. For the price it's a good deal but the design is pitiful. I had hoped they would get away from all the politically correct BS when Bill Ruger died but it looks like they haven't. An up-scaled LCP would have been a nearly perfect pocket gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontificator View Post
    I agree with you completely. For the price it's a good deal but the design is pitiful. I had hoped they would get away from all the politically correct BS when Bill Ruger died but it looks like they haven't. An up-scaled LCP would have been a nearly perfect pocket gun.
    Perfect would be a single stack pocket sized 9x19 (shrink ray the 36 already) made by GLOCK, but until then...
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Trying to tell the wife she needs one. A local friend is buying another, he LOVES his first. Of course, his first is his wife's, too.

the magazine disconnect safety
    As has been well-documented here, that item is a problem you can solve. Unlike other guns in its class, the LC9 also features smooth, rounded edges that make for very comfortable carry. This is one you need to shoot in person before making a decision.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    As has been well-documented here, that item is a problem you can solve. Unlike other guns in its class, the LC9 also features smooth, rounded edges that make for very comfortable carry. This is one you need to shoot in person before making a decision.
    - That only solves one of the three issues I have with it. I own the LCP and have shot the LC9. The trigger isn't anything to write home about. Especially since I am comparing them to the Kahr P380 and PM9 respectively. The safety is something I absolutely don't want on a defensive firearm. I have no need for one. I also hate the loaded chamber indicator, but that itself wasn't the deal breaker.

I also am loathe to modify a SD gun in any way. While it's unlikely to come up in court in a SD shooting, it's not something I would be comfortable ruling out either.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Luv my LC9, even though I paid $379 back in April.
    Proud NRA member

Now if they only sold the Kahr CM9 for $299.00........ Saving up for one of these instead....I have the LCP and I Love it....but will most likely pass on the LC9
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

I love my LC9. Trigger is smooth, not excessively long and the gun itself is more reliable than a Kahr PM9 I used to have...The LC9 is also very accurate for its size. Well worth the $349 I paid for mine...
    Gary

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"

The LC9 may not be for everyone but I believe it has its place. I have looked at them but it hasn't been high on my list of got to have guns.

$299 definitely a good price though.

Sponsored Links