SP101 3" .357 followed me home today - Page 2

SP101 3" .357 followed me home today

This is a discussion on SP101 3" .357 followed me home today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How many times do you have to rub a 101's head to get it to like you and follow you home? I'm asking because I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    How many times do you have to rub a 101's head to get it to like you and follow you home? I'm asking because I really need to make sure i don't do it next time at GS.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Congrats! I have a 3 inch sp101 also, just love it! So small so powerfull so accurate.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Great gun! gotta love a 3"
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Nice guns. I could have had a second Ruger, but decided to have Gemini Customs work on my SP101, .327 mag. and am glad I did: looks great, feels great and shoots great. Now,MAYBE a GP100 next time around!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Nice pair. I believe that three inches is the ideal revolver carry length, though I prefer the GP100.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Cool

Good on ya !

Absolutely the best bang for the buck in .357 snubbies.

I really need a 3". My snubbie gets lonesome.

photo.jpg
    click to enlarge......
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Careful keeping them together like that. They'll start to mate and next you know you'll be overrun with them.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    Us SP101 lovers are becomming quite a cult

You've got the set that I want, the 3" with spur and the 2" without. I currently have a 2" with spur...I'm trying to talk my LGS owner into fionding me a 3" with spurless hammer so I can buy it and switch the hammers. I love my 2" version, but I believe the slightly longer barrel would be perfect.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    You'll like this gun. I have the same one and love it. A few recomendations...

1. Buy the $8.00 spring set and replace the main hammer spring. It's too easy, takes 5 minutes and makes a HUGE difference in the trigger pull in DA. It's hard to believe it makes the difference it does but it does.
    2. Buy some Ebony wood grip inserts. It's a winning combination. it just looks great. I tried lots of different wood grips but the ebony black wood inserts just look super and give a very hi quality look.
    3. Buy an XS standard front night sight. Others (or myself) can walk you through replacing it. It's the perfect sight for this gun.
    4. If you EVER think of polishing it to a high luster, think twice and then think again. I did it and at first I really liked it but it shows finger prints so bad that it looks bad. I'll be sending mine out for bead blast finishing. the classic satin finish you have is probably the best of the best!
    5. If you'd be willing to send the gun to have someone smooth the sharp edges and refinish, it's a nice thing. Mine was so sharp. Before I polished it, I took small files and rounded every sharp edge and even worked on the hammer spur. It feels so much better.
    6. If you have the money and can afford it, the best you could do is send it to Gemini customs for the works. Check out their website and you'll see what I mean.
    7. Consider a COM III IWB holster from HBE. I tried many and found this to be the best, most comfortable IWB for the longer barrel.

Enjoy!!
    Gideon

it followed you home you say? I was driving through kansas city and mine jumped out of the glovebox and out the window. I searched and searched but couldn't find it. he answers to spike :D I would love to come by and get him but I dont think I can afford the drive. I guess he'll just have to be happy with his new owner. haha nice gun. love those SP101s
    The only Difference between the vanquished and victorious is resolve.

Ignorance is correctable, stupid aint.

It's peanutbutter jelly time

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    2. Buy some Ebony wood grip inserts. It's a winning combination. it just looks great. I tried lots of different wood grips but the ebony black wood inserts just look super and give a very hi quality look.
    I second that! I don't have ebony but I have some great red oak inserts that I bought off ebay from dakins7579. This man is well known for his quality inserts and mine even came with the little metal Ruger logo set into the side.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

VIP Member
    Great looking pair of Rugers, the SP101 is hard to beat.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I'm getting another 2" today, my 3" ran away a couple of years ago & I really missed her.

Very nice guns. Both of mine have the 2 1/4" barrels, but I really like that 3" you just got. Sweet!

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links