I love this gun!

I love this gun!

This is a discussion on I love this gun! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is a post to simply shout my love for my carry gun, a Glock 26 with TruGlo TFO sights. I went to the range ...

Thread: I love this gun!

I love this gun!

This is a post to simply shout my love for my carry gun, a Glock 26 with TruGlo TFO sights.

I went to the range yesterday and blew off nearly 200 rounds with this little critter. It functioned perfectly, as it always does, and at one point after a number of runs at the plate rack, I think I could have fried eggs on the slide...heh. Being a sub-compact, one needs to sacrifice a bit of speed to keep the double-taps at COM and to make the head shots, but it's a fine shooter when I do my part of the job.

It carries well, since it's light and concealable (the short grip really helps with hiding it); so be it shopping, driving, biking, or whatever, it's always with me, and without annoying me in any way.

Just one holster won't do, not because of the gun, but because of dress and activity. I have a belly band, SmartCarry, and two Milt Sparks holsters (Watch Six for IWB and 55 BN for OWB) that accomodate both carry and range work.

I see so many posts where folks are searching for the right carry gun...I am so happy with the Glock 26 that I encourage you to check out this little beauty (that's right, Glocks can be beautiful...though it's best to admire them in dim lighting...heh). If 9 mm is not up to your liking, the same size offers .40 or .357SIG. For my beat up and aging hands/wrists, the snap of the .40 was too much for me at times so I moved to 9 mm... given the argument that "shot placement rules", I stay sharp with the 9 mm so don't feel undergunned in any way.

Thanks for letting me sing the praises of this little pistol...now let me get on to cleaning it up after it's most recent range trip.
    Last edited by JimmyC4; August 4th, 2006 at 02:00 PM.

Assistant Administrator
    Always good to know someone likes their piece - doesn't matter what it is as long as it does the job.

I am soon off for some range time - mostly with SIG carry tho 226 EDC will probably take partial back seat as I use a 228 for much practice. It is as ever - what works for you, me, anyone
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC
    This is a post to simply shout my love for my carry gun, a Glock 26 with TruGlo TFO sights.
    Glad you're happy w/ your gun. I am very interested in the TFOs. I would love to have them for my guns, but they are not available and truglo emailed me that they will not be releasing for other guns until 07. I just may have to increase my collection for a 2nd H&K (a fullsize USP which I can get TFO sights for.)

So, how are the TFOs during daylight / marginal light and almost totally dark? Also, any potential problems w/ breakage, etc. .. for the sights. Lastly, any comparisons on them to other brands of night sights would be really helpful for me.

Thanks and congrats on your sweet shooter.

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    The G26 is my favorite Glock. Nevertheless I don't own one anymore. I traded my Glock 26 with TFOs to a guy in CT a few months ago when I decided to standardize on SIGs. It was the most reliable and comfortable shooting Glock I had ever owned. I liked the TFOs so much I put them on my daily carry P229.

Enjoy it. I hope it will serve you well.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Soujourner...I got my TFOs through Cabela's. I ended up calling TruGlo to get a special set with green front and yellow rear dots. They were $89, same as the standard set with all green dots.

I have Trijicons on my Beretta 92G-SD, so can only compare to them.

In darkness, the TFOs show a picture with the rear yellows being dimmer than the front green, which is good, since the front sight dominates. The Trijicons display well, with all three green dots being same intensity.

By day, no comparison. Even out of direct sunlight, the TFOs are much more visible, with the green front sight popping out nicely. In direct sunlight it's like they are electrified.

I don't anticipate any breakage issues, since they are somewhat encased, which seems to make them look "bulky". Attached is a picture of a holster (Milt Sparks 55 BN, horsehide with shark trim) that I was showing off--in it you can see the rear sights and get an idea of their design:

I'd encourage you to check with Cabela's to see if you can come up with the TFOs.

Hope this info is helpful...good luck.
    Last edited by JimmyC4; August 4th, 2006 at 05:52 PM.

JT
    My Glock 26 is my hot weather carry weapon.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thanks for the replies. I've looked on the truglo web site and have corresponded, via email, with them. Unfortunately, they don't have them for any of the guns I have/carry.

Maybe this could be a good "excuse" to get a USP fullsize or a Sig P229 to add to the collection.

Again, thanks.

After being without a Glock 26 for a few years, I finally got one this past May. My favorite glock of them all. Get some 33 round magazines and take your Glocksicle out for a really fun day! John

VIP Member
    Glad you like the G26. I like Glocks (in dim light, yes), but don't own a 26. This may lean me towards one, though.
    Any experience with the finger mag extentions? I have big hands and was wondering if they feel sturdy enough on the subcompacts.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

I recently sold my G26 to fund an incredible deal on a like new Sig 220. However, I put about 1600 flawless rounds through my 26. It ate everything. Even that crapy Wolf ammo. It felt like I was loading sandpaper into my gun. It was my 1st handgun and I loved every second I owned it. I found it to be incredibly accurate. If funds were no question I'd buy another one in a second.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    carry a G33 some and love it.....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I use my Glock 26 as my pocket carry gun. I sometimes use a fanny pack holster for my XD 45, and I'm waiting for my Max Con V for the XD. But, with the Las Vegas heat, I frequently just want to carry my CCW in my pocket. The G 26, in a Nemesis pocket holster, works perfectly.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    If you are comfortable with it, and like it. You are more likely to become pretty good with it.

I love my sub-compact Glocks. I had a G26 for years then traded it. As many of us, I was always on the look out for a new and better CCW gun. I bought another Glock 26 a few months ago as a companion to my Glock 27. ( my primary carry weapon.) They can share the same gun leather! I have found both to be utterly reliable and easy to conceal.

Very happy with my Glock 26 as well.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten it to the range as much as I'd like, and have only put 210 rds through it so far. Out of those, I had a single failure to fire with a PMC round that I think has a dud primer. I put the same round in 2 more times to try extra strikes and the round still won't detonate.

The other 209 rds were flawless, and I also deliberately limp-wristed a mag full and had no issues there either.

Carrying it is easy, right now it's nestled in a Don Hume 715-M SOOT (snap-on open top) which I like very much and would definitely buy again. I also have a CTAC Slide on the way which I hope to like at least as much, and it will also provide me the "tuckable" option if I ever need it.

Great pistol. Hope to buy another one in the future.

Sponsored Links