PF9 vs CM9

PF9 vs CM9

This is a discussion on PF9 vs CM9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I find myself at this crossroad once again. I had a PF9 that I really liked yet sold. I have been talking to the guy ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: PF9 vs CM9

PF9 vs CM9

I find myself at this crossroad once again. I had a PF9 that I really liked yet sold. I have been talking to the guy that I sold it to about me buying it back. I can get the PF9 LNIB for $250.00 or the CM9 for $441. out the door. I just cant decide if the buttery smooth trigger Kahr is known for is worth the extra $190.00. Ive also heard the CM9 will be easier to shoot. I never had any issues with the Keltec honestly dont know why I sold it in the first place. I had heard questions of Kahrs cutomer service. The distributor I am buying from has a lifetime replacement guarantee.

Administrator
    The Kahr is the better gun, but, if you had and liked that very PF9, I'd probably buy it back and ride that wave for all its worth.
    Doodle likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

los
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    The Kahr is the better gun, but, if you had and liked that very PF9, I'd probably buy it back and ride that wave for all its worth.
    I concur.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

The attraction to either is the DAO trigger. I grew up shooting revolvers and DAO seems natural. The DA/SA transistion throws me off. I havent mastered the safe action trigger either. I have heard the Kahr trigger is as close to a revolver trigger in a semi.

the Kahr is a higher quality handgun IMO,but that doesn't mean the pf-9 isn't a reliable gun too,especially for $250.00 dollars..it comes down to as you said,if you want to spend the exter $190.00 on the Kahr..

I mean honestly if the Kahr is easier to shoot or I would shoot it more accurate it would be worth it to me. If its pure cosmetic I will stay with the PF9. Would one pocket carry better than the other. I figure most the time it will be carried AIWB but like the option.

GM
    Kahr are quality firearms. IMO, the Karh is worth the extra $190.00. I think that after you try the CM9 you will like it more than the PF9.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Kahr are quality firearms. IMO, the Karh is worth the extra $190.00. I think that after you try the CM9 you will like it more than the PF9.
    Concur with GM. I had a PF9 long before getting a PM9, and had no complaints. However, since getting the PM9, the PF9 stays in in the safe.

is the Kahr setup a true DAO, or is it a half cocked striker fired type? I took the plunge and just bought the 2022 sig. My first sa/da. I think my next piece will be a pocket gun. The cm9 is looking tempting. Ive always wanted a pm9. I want to replace the LCP with a 9mm for the days that I can only pocket carry.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Im pretty sure its a DAO. I love a K frame Smith triggers. Full and smooth. I think the transition throws me off no matter how long I have been shooting SA/DA pistols. I think the consisitancy helps me

I have the PM9 but regularly shoot my friend's PF9 and he my PM9. We both like the Kahr better. The extra weight seems to aid in recoil. The trigger is much smoother. The PM9 is smaller and pocket carries easier. The PF9 does hold 1 more round, 7 round mag where the PM9 is 6.

I would not hesitate to recommend the PF9. It is a good value and my friend's has been reliable.
    "We Dare Defend Our Rights", Alabama State Motto...

Well I was debating hard and called a buddy who owns a shop. Seems he won a cm9 in some type of drawing. I wound up getting it for only $150.00 more than the PF9 out the door. I will get it Monday. I know there is a 200 round break in is there a weight they prefer or shoot point of aim?

No contest, the PM9 is the better guy by far.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I carried a pf-9 for a bit over 2 years . It ran 100% with all 115 &125gr loads tried with zero issues for me. They can be bought for 240 new around here. I feel the that for the price they are very hard to beat.The kel tec are not the best looking pistols out there but it does the job just as you would want a pistol to work.

I bought a kahr cm9 after being offered a cw9 at a price i could not pass on and liked the pistol. I like the softer recoil and trigger in a slightly smaller package than the pf-9. The cm9 does weight 2oz more but it is still lighter than most all other 9MM's, Just an over all better feeling ,functionng pistol for me.. Sold the pf-9 and started carrying the cm9. Price here is 409. I use the 2 mags from the cw9 i have ,a 7 and 8 shot and the cm9 works 100% with them.

Some people have problems with both, I did not. You also know that your old KT works well and you don't have to figure the cost of another 600+ rounds of ammo into finding out if a new anything works well or not. That should be figured into the cost if that matters.

I am pleased with my Kahr's but the KT I had did what is was designed to also.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Its not an apples to apples comparison. The Kahr is a far far superior weapon in every way, and well worth the extra funds.
    mr surveyor and crzy4guns like this.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links