Need help selecting a 9mm for CC. - Page 2

Need help selecting a 9mm for CC.

This is a discussion on Need help selecting a 9mm for CC. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I second the Springfield EMP9 and also Rohrbaugh R9S. I have both and also a S&W 645. I carry the Rohrbaugh in front pocket always ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Need help selecting a 9mm for CC.

I second the Springfield EMP9 and also Rohrbaugh R9S. I have both and also a S&W 645. I carry the Rohrbaugh in front pocket always now. It is expensive but shoots great with mag extensions (Pearce MK9) that I fitted to mags. I shot it in an IDPA bug match a couple of weeks ago and it was perfect.

Thanks, I hadn't considered the SR9c, I will definitely take a look.

Yesterday I took the MKII, the SR9c, and the LC9 to the range. The SR9c never left my bag - I was having way too much fun with the LC9.

And that's the thought I will leave you with: This gun is fun to shoot and it's easy to run through 150 rounds at the range and want to shoot more.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Sig p239 is "one sweet pistol"! Might want to shoot one before making your decision!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Take a look at the Walther PPS. Price, quality and concealabilty are hard to beat. Also there is a $50 rebate program join on right now from Walther.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

my vote is for the Kahr PM9
    I carry a gun to protect myself & the people I love from the Monsters that roam this earth.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Additional Consideration

One thing in picking a CC weapon is the ammo you want to carry. Some of the newer weapons like the LC9 are not rated for +P SD ammo let alone a +P+ round. My P2000 sk in 9mm weight in at 24 oz. and can handle the +P+ SD loads.

However if it is the single stack I would go with the EMP. Another is the Walther PPS, I own one and still working on it to get it were I can carry with my perferred SD ammo. The PPS is only rated for +P, which IMHO is the minimum load for SD rounds.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by chivvalry View Post
    Kahr PM9. I love mine.
    He loves his Kahr PM9 but the jury is still out on mine. If you go to the Kahrtalk.com forum and look at the discussions on the PM9/CM9 you will see a lot of people who are not happy about having to make modifications to a $600 weapon to make it shoot.
    PM Series Pistols - Page 2 - KahrTalk Forums

I like the trigger and the size and weight of the PM9 but have had a few problems with dropping the magazine, doing a tap,rack, bang maneuver, slingshotting the first round (gets better with practice), and a few nose dives. Clearly, not everyone has these problems. Chivvalry's works like a Glock.

speaking of Glock, consider the 26 or maybe the 36. I have G26 and it runs like an illegal heading toward the border. Yes, it is a double stack but I do like the 10/12 round capacity. If Glock made a single stack 9mm, I would be all over it.

Another Ruger LC9 Lover here! (Own one).
    And if your needing a little more fire power the SR9c (Own one too).

That keeps you in the Ruger (American Made) family...

BUT, what ever you get, hold them in your hands first and see how YOU like them.

Lateck,
    Proud Ruger & SIG owner, in the Free State of Arizona

Some of the newer weapons like the LC9 are not rated for +P SD ammo
    Ruger says that the LC9 can shoot +P, but to go easy on it.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Quote Originally Posted by rs4109 View Post
    Kimber 1911 Ultra Carry
    Springfield XD
    Sig Sauer P239
    Sig Sauer P290
    Beretta PX4 Compact
    Beretta PX4 Sub-Compact
    Kahr PM9
    Para Carry 9
    Kimber Solo
    Of this list if you like the 1911 style type like Kimber then I highly recommend you look at the Springfield EMP. It is 1911 style but was designed specifically for 9mm whereas most 1911's are designed to fire .45 acp. It is also a work of art! Recoil is also very, very manageable. My wife is getting one for carry.

The Bersa 13 rnd. 9MM is a fine little CCW. And the price is right. Check it out.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Take a look at the Walther PPS. Price, quality and concealabilty are hard to beat. Also there is a $50 rebate program join on right now from Walther.
    Agreed. Definitely worth a look and try out. Love mine.

You are either going to get a pocket gun, or a full sized pistol. The Kimber Ultra is a big gun. The Kimber solo is a pocket gun.

This all depends on how you carry. An cross country truck driver needs one gun, and a Fl resident wearing light clothes is another gun.

Ruger LC9 or SR9C
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links