Need help selecting a 9mm for CC.

This is a discussion on Need help selecting a 9mm for CC. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have two small 9mm guns that fit your specification, and would recommend either one. The first is the Sig P239, which is on your ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Need help selecting a 9mm for CC.

Two suggestions

I have two small 9mm guns that fit your specification, and would recommend either one. The first is the Sig P239, which is on your candidate list. It is a wonderful DA/SA gun that holds 9 rounds and is very reliable and accurate. The second is the Kahr MK9, an all-stainless gun that holds 7 rounds and is highly concealable.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

2. Remove Ads

Kahr PM9 from your list.
    God bless our troops!

Kahr PM9 (or MK9, if you like the all-stainless variety).

I carry a PM9 everyday, and it is very comfortable to carry and very accurate and reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahnkem View Post
    Sig P250, you can get it in compact, and sub-compact. It is a modular pistol, you can swap parts to make it a full, compact, or sub-compact. Basically make it the pistol you want it for what ever you are wearing. I love mine and would suggest it to anyone. It is a double stack but it is super slim. It is extremely accurate and has low recoil. I would give it a shot at the range and see if you like it!

Matthew
    +1 Got one in .357 Sig/ .40, and love it.

Kel-tec PF9 Hard Chrome
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Sig P239 in .357 Sig

The best all around CC 9mm on the market with all things considered is the Glock 19. Witha good holster and belt it will conceal as well as any mini 9. It is uber reliable and carries 15+1 of 9mm. That definitely where I would head.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    CZ 75 Compact fits most of your criteria, it is a little heavier though, weighing in at 32 oz.
    A P-07 Duty will fit the bill with it's polymer frame. I love mine and carry it nearly every where it is legal to carry.

from the list you gave,i like the Kahr pm9..you might also want to take a look at the S&W M&P 9c or Rugers sr9c,two excellent choices

I noticed alot of people pushing Kahrs. I owned one, never had any other issues besides the size and the fact that to insure the slide goes into battery when loading an empty chamber, you have to use the slide lock/release. This is something you should consider. Yea they conceal great because of the size, but can you shoot it well, and draw if need be? That was my problem, it was to small for my hands. Also, the fact that I like to sling shot a reload, and 80% of the time, the Kahr would not load when doing that. I like to carry guns that all pretty much work the same. Remembering that I can sling shot one, and not the other, didn't sit well me.

Quote Originally Posted by G19inLV View Post
    I noticed alot of people pushing Kahrs. I owned one, never had any other issues besides the size and the fact that to insure the slide goes into battery when loading an empty chamber, you have to use the slide lock/release. This is something you should consider. Yea they conceal great because of the size, but can you shoot it well, and draw if need be? That was my problem, it was to small for my hands. Also, the fact that I like to sling shot a reload, and 80% of the time, the Kahr would not load when doing that. I like to carry guns that all pretty much work the same. Remembering that I can sling shot one, and not the other, didn't sit well me.
    I have to concur with you on the loading of an empty chamber, I like the slingshot method myself and I use it on other pistols such as my Glock 19. I suggested the Kahr PM9 as it is a truly diminutive 9mm that is on the OP's list, and would be easy to conceal (actually I would like to recommend the CM9 as it costs about $200.00 less). However that is a valid point you bring up and it would really ruin your day if you went to reload your Kahr with the slingshot method and it caused you to lose the fight, or worse your life. I would train myself to use the slide lock release method on all of my semi auto pistols, so it would become an old habit if I had to reload my Kahr pistol in a gunfight. OMO YMMV
    God bless our troops!

Meh, I can slingshot my Kahr PM9... however you have to get violent with it to make it work 100%. I decided I had to make it happen for malf clearing.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

I found that the Winchester 147 grain JHP (white box) ammo cycles very well in the PM9, just FYI in case anyone wants to try it.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Size comparison of some of my popular CCW handguns.

Hard to go wrong with any of these, its more of a personal choice and preference.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links