Kahr PM9

Kahr PM9

This is a discussion on Kahr PM9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is this a gun that should be shot a little and carried a lot or is it can it be comfortable shot without tiring your ...

Thread: Kahr PM9

Kahr PM9

Is this a gun that should be shot a little and carried a lot or is it can it be comfortable shot without tiring your hands? I am looking for a reliable small auto for carry. I also would like something that I can shoot a lot for practice. What are your opinions of this gun.

I have had a PM9 for over three years and shoot it at the range often. I have shot 100-200 rounds at a time without any problems or getting my hands tired.

It has a bit of a kick but not bad at all and it is quite accurate for what it is. I have found it great to CCW in the back pocket in the front pocket or even with a Hume holster IWB.
    MY GUN, MY RIGHT!!

I think the PM9 is very shooter friendly.
    My wife can run 200+ rounds down range and not complain and she is 5'0" @ 105lbs.

The PM9 is much more forgiving than some of the S&W ultra light-weights with .38s or the pain in the palm .357

I have a PM40 and plan on shooting it often. As it will be my most carried weapon I figure I need the at least a decent amount of range time with it. Although the 40 does have a little bark. If other polymer framed guns such as Glocks, XDs, HKs, and Sig 2022s have thousands of rounds shot through them then I don't see why my Kahr can't either.

Dont own one but have shot a friends. I really like it. Not bad recoil at all. Very concealable.
    Carry 24-7 or guess right.
    NRA Life Member/TSRA Life Member
    Texas CHL Instructor. www.pdtraining.us

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Size wise how does the pm9 compare to something like the Naa Guardian 380 ACP?

Is it small enough to carry in front pocket of jeans?
    Last edited by Bill MO; August 4th, 2006 at 09:50 PM.

Kahr PM9 is a solid choice for concealed carry and the recoil isn't bad at all (try shooting the Seecamp .380; ouch ) It really depends on the size of your pockets; it fits well in Docker style pants, but not in jeans. It's also just a tad heavy for front pocket carry IMO. Although it can be done, you will notice the weight.

It's hard to beat the Rohrbaugh R9s for front pocket carry. Although it is twice the price tag of a PM9, it is lighter, thinner and more concealable in the pocket and it's a 9MM too!

VIP Member
    It's a great little gun that can be comfortably shot for a few hundred rounds at a time.....as long as they aren't +P.

I can't pull off pocket carrying of my PM9 in jeans....unless they are fairly baggy to begin with.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

The PM9 could be what I am looking for. I have considered the Kel-Tecs but they seem uncomfortable to shoot for long periods. The 9mm wil be pretty cheap to shoot. How much difference is there between the +p and the regular ammo?

In all of my shorts I can easily fit my PM40 into my front pockets. I guess I need to keep an eye out for big pockets when I go to buy my next pair of jeans. Of course I'm 20 so my jeans pockets might be a tad bigger than some of the other members.

I have 500 rounds through my pm9 and really like it, No Problems. Also have a Glock 26. The Kahr has more felt recoil, but is smaller and lighter. I think I would have to give the nod to the Glock for quality. I was looking for ultimate concealment, wearing dress and sport shirts and the Kahr pm9 was the best choice in 9mm. My wife, who uses fanny packs, really doesn't see any difference in carrying between the two. The Kahr pm9 is the biggest gun I would want to carry in a pocket holster.

J.S.

I have about 500 rounds through my PM9. I carry in pocket of jeans, shorts, and khakis w/out a problem. You can clearly feel the weight difference between the PM9 and P-3AT. My carry round is Ranger T 124gr +p and range WWB 115gr. The Rangers clearly have more pronounced snap to them, but have functioned fine in my gun. I think it is a great gun for pocket carry, as I have more confidence in the PM9 than my 380 if I had to stop a criminal.

Sponsored Links