J frame internal lock

J frame internal lock

This is a discussion on J frame internal lock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've noticed in a few threads that guys are favoring the J frames with no internal lock. Is this simply to eliminate what for them ...

Thread: J frame internal lock

J frame internal lock

I've noticed in a few threads that guys are favoring the J frames with no internal lock. Is this simply to eliminate what for them is an un-necessary internal part or have there been problems. I've read where on the .357 models at least some of the early ones with locks were having problems. Is this a cause for concern or have these problems been ironed out. I'm asking because I recently ordered an M638 and I'm not sure if it will come with the lock or not.

I had some trigger lock-up while firing quickly. I'd have to let off the trigger completely and re-pull. I removed the internal lock flag myself with the help of some youtube videos. While I was in there, I replaced the factory springs with a Wolff spring set and it really smoothed out the trigger nicely. I've had no more issues with the trigger.

Also, when I first got my 442, I was using the internal lock at times. Then one day I noticed it was locked and I had been carrying it for who knows how long locked. I had a paper weight. I don't have to worry about that anymore. I either lock it in a safe or use a cable lock. No more internal locks for me.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Disabled mine as well... We don't need no stinking locks!

All it took for me was a couple of postings regarding the lock actuating by itself for me to decide to remove it from the equation. Simple enough with some good advice, and the video's mentioned above.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Sounds like it might be a good idea to disconnect it then if it arrives with a lock.

Sponsored Links