How many use Crimson Trace on their carry gun?

This is a discussion on How many use Crimson Trace on their carry gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the CT lasers on my LCP, SR40c & P239 (need to get them for others) They are for quick target acquisition in low ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: How many use Crimson Trace on their carry gun?

I have the CT lasers on my LCP, SR40c & P239 (need to get them for others)
    They are for quick target acquisition in low light only. They really don't work in the day.
    So I have 3 and I will be putting them on others, so, I like them. But, as have been said: Practice, practice over and over both with and with-out!

Good Luck,

Lateck,
    Proud Ruger & SIG owner, in the Free State of Arizona

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I have Night sights and CT's on my 45auto carry guns, just because. The house 357 has them, too. In the house I feel a lot better in the safe room behind the bed, a strong door, and the guage. I actually use the laser as a training aid for dry fire and pointing exercises. I'm not going to take the time to look for a dot when I know where bullet's going anyway. They're not visible in bright conditions, and if there's dust in the room, they're a dead giveaway. For some they can create a false sense of skill. Trigger management, especially from awkward positions, is paramount. Get the most and the best equipment you can afford, but train to rely on the basics. The laser starts to dim with plenty of time for a battery change, and I keep plenty of spares to work in my red dots, too. Old eyes suck, but the confidence and determination of age and practice more than make up for it.

BTW: house clearing is a two man job, but it takes three, because the point man is going to get shot. Besides, I don't want to be sneaking around the house with a gun in my hand when the cops arrive.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

I'm in the same boat. Had CT on my Kimber CDP II carry gun that came with it. Took them off and sold them because I'll be alert if I need it. I have CT laser on my S&W .357, 686+. That's my HD gun and if half asleep and groggy the laser will be beneficial under those circumstances. I have CT laser for my other full size 1911 in the box, don't use those either. I like the look of a good pair of coco bolo grips on my 1911's anyway. Just my three cents worth.

Got CT Grips on my 1911 & my M&P.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Wife and I have CT lasers on our Kel Tec P3ATs for low light and night use.

Once you learn to work out the trigger pull the CT will give you extended range in low light.

Say from the length of a SUV to near the whole parking lot etc.

Do set the laser to the sights be they every so small and practice in low light.

Being able to put that red dot on a target at 50 yards and hitting that target is a powerful improvement over no sight in low light.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

CT's on my carry P239...I like the grips even without the laser, but with my aging eyes, I like the laser too ;)

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    not to clear your house but Radio Shack for ~150 has Plug & Power so that you can remotely light select
    lights to turn on. thus back-lighting a possible intruder without putting yourself at risk.

what sites on your gun is what works for you. there have been many good suggestions already.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Right, thanks for the feedback. Ordered a Wilson with fiber optic front sight for enhanced daylight vis. Really liked the grips that came with it, but, my life for beautiful grips? Nope, will go with the Crimson Trace. Pistol has ambi safety but CT appears to have a new line that will accept ambi safety without cutting the safety off. Just wondering if it is out yet. Also, CT has an order basket on their web site, but I cannot figure out how to order direct from them - kind of sucks.
    Later,
    John.
    John.

OP - I buy all my CT lasers here - great prices, service, and freebies:

https://www.shooters-resource.com/
    canav844 likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Tks 10thmtn, but I have ambi safety and need series 904 or else have to cut R safety back and don't want to do this to a new Wilson.
    Later,
    John.

My first CT was on my S&W 360. Those black on black sights were really unusable, especially in low light and the extra padding on the back helped with the recoil of the .357 mag rounds.

I was so happy with that, I got them for two other carry guns.
    As was said before, practice without them, but I like the practical assistance it delivers when I'm in a less than ideal situation (i.e. not in an isosceles stance, facing a non-moving paper target).

The bonus is also when my wife needs to use it. She trains a lot less than I do, but the requirement that the round has to go somewhere accurately is still there. So while laser doesn't replace good training, it helps to compensate for those who can't.
    "One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to George Washington, 1796. ME 9:341

Anyone who carries a small revolver, such as a J-Frame S&W or similar, should have a CT grip installed.

They are a revolutionary improvement for that platform....and many others.

SW340PDCT001.jpg
    كافر AMERICAN INFIDEL كافر

I have CT's on two of my ccw guns (S&W 642 snub and my Sig Sauer C3 1911) and a Viridian on another. I will probably put them on all the potential carry pieces and maybe on an AR or other defensive rifle as as well. Like you, as I age my ability to pick up my front sight under all conditions is getting marginal. I tried to TFO (Tritium Fiber Optic) sights and have been less than pleased with night visibility -- however the daytime tubes glow nicely in bright sunlight. Green lasers are better than red but they suck power and will rapidly drain a battery. CT doesn't offer them in their grips and there are no plans to do so in the future. My Glock 30 (SF --Short Frame) is what I'm wearing right now and there are no laser grips or modules available for that from CT and I really need 'em. I don't like the Lasermax option but I might have to do that in the end. Does anybody know anything about the Laser-Lyte rear sight laser? That too is an option and at this time, probably one of the lower cost options.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

If any of you CT lovers have a glock 17,20sf,21sf,22,24,31,34,35,37 I have one I can let you have for a decent price, PM for more info

The thing I don't like about Laser-Lyte is that you have to manually turn on the laser. W/ the CTs, your button to activate is on the grip...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links