How many use Crimson Trace on their carry gun? - Page 3

How many use Crimson Trace on their carry gun?

This is a discussion on How many use Crimson Trace on their carry gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have CT on ten different carry guns....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: How many use Crimson Trace on their carry gun?

I have CT on ten different carry guns.

g27 with CT

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I have CT on my Springfield 1911. I like the fact that with my eyesight getting "older" it helps in low light situations.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

S&W 638 with CT LG-405 grips. Great combo.

I still have one I can give a sweet price on

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I thought about the laser for my G26,let me ask this question.The laser i looked at appeared to have a pressure switch on the grip.How does the laser not turn on while sitting in a padded chair,car seat,etc.? Do I need a different holster made for the G26 to make room for the laser?Excuse my ignorance because I have not held nor carried a gun with a laser of this type installed.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

VIP Member
    Though I see the value of laser grips I don't have them on my carry gun. I have used them on a rental and they helped with target acquisition, but I also found myself focusing too long on the red dot instead of my surroundings. So for me, I'm not sure if I would go out of my way to have them.

---
    - Sent from my iPad2
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

i have ct on all of my pistols.
    God Bless our troops,Pass the ammo
    carry guns,g30,g39
    1911,colt defender 90 / .45
    OLD F##T W/ .45:
    my avater is part of the reason i feel the way i do.

I have CT on my full size pistols but not my compacts (yet).
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I don't but I will speak for my wife. She has CT on her Ruger SP-101.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I tried CT's on 3 different guns and hated the feel of the grip, so right now I have none....

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Seems like one more thing to have to worry about. IMO I think when SHTF and your scrambling to get your gun out or when someone just broke into your house and your half asleep the last thing your going to notice is whether or not your little bouncing red dot is on his chest. Practice your timed drills so that aiming becomes intrinsic to you. You could buy a nice used 12 gauge for home defense for the price of a CT laser.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    I thought about the laser for my G26,let me ask this question.The laser i looked at appeared to have a pressure switch on the grip.How does the laser not turn on while sitting in a padded chair,car seat,etc.? Do I need a different holster made for the G26 to make room for the laser?Excuse my ignorance because I have not held nor carried a gun with a laser of this type installed.
    I just put a CT on my G26 which obsoleted my Com-Tac MTAC and 2 O'Clock holsters as they will not accommodate a laser. I plan to replace them with a Remora 6A ART.

Until the Remora arrives I'm using a Maxpedition bag with the Maxpedition velcro holster insert. I had to laugh, Mr. Stuart, as I forgot to adjust the Maxpedition holster, it was sized to hold around the trigger guard, and on day one I completely discharged the laser battery as the pressure switch was resting against the holster strap.

I've used a Remora and a Smartcarry to carry a CT equipped pistol in the past without prematurely running down the battery. I doubt you'd have a problem with any well designed and more structured holster.
    mr.stuart likes this.

I have a Ruger LCP with a CT laser, I love the set up.
    I am 70 years old, wear glasses (but not while I am in bed)
    My LCP is my night stand gun, (as well as my warm weather carry)
    If I have a situation at night all I have to do is pick up the LCP, I won't even have to get out of bed to be able to aim and fire it.
    How many of the learn to point and shoot crowd practice firing while laying in bed?

DB9 with CT issue

I know some folks here carry the Diamondback DB9. Diamondback is reporting a problem associated with the use of CT's model LG-491 on their DB9 model. This is the same CT model used on DB's DB380 and it was previously listed to fit the DB9 as well. There does not seem to be any problem with LG-491 use on the DB380.

There are a couple of threads at diamondback talk.com on the DB9 forum about the situation. Apparently, at least under some circumstances, the CT can put enough pressure on the frame to cause interference with the recoil path of the slide. Jason, the DB sales manager, has reproduced the failure in-house and is advising against shooting a DB9 with a CT on it until this is resolved. He has posted that a fix is expected before the end of August. I've talked directly with CT, however, and was told to expect a couple of months longer than that.

This is a new one for me.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links