How many use Crimson Trace on their carry gun? - Page 5

How many use Crimson Trace on their carry gun?

This is a discussion on How many use Crimson Trace on their carry gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MotorCityGun BTW, CTC will provide FREE batteries annually. You have to call their CS and they will send via snail mail. I ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: How many use Crimson Trace on their carry gun?

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post

BTW, CTC will provide FREE batteries annually. You have to call their CS and they will send via snail mail.
    I didn't know that. I just sent in my registration card with "free batteries" written on it. The originals are three years old... time for a new set. Thanks for the heads-up.

I have two CT lasergrips and 1 laserguard.
    I remove them before I train or target shoot.

I have been using my pro carry II for my EEC since Christmas and they have CT on it, I love practicing with them but not relying on them. I also practice with the iron sights. I just this past weekend got a new gun!! It's a Sig RCS 1911 and that does not have them. I really love the real wood grips on it so probably won't put CT on it, but then again I've only owned it 3 days.... Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by AZDaven View Post
    I have been using my pro carry II for my EEC since Christmas and they have CT on it, I love practicing with them but not relying on them. I also practice with the iron sights. I just this past weekend got a new gun!! It's a Sig RCS 1911 and that does not have them. I really love the real wood grips on it so probably won't put CT on it, but then again I've only owned it 3 days.... Time will tell.
    I have the RCS 1911 and have installed the CT's on that. The stock grips are beautiful BUT they're while they're thin and very concealable, during extended firing sessions they hurt the hand and I have found the checkering on the front strap cuts me and even raises blisters when I shoot a lot of ammo. So I'm having my fine local 'Smith here grind off the checkering (Sig refused) and cover that with a Dura-Coat in addition to attaching the laster sight and zeroing it at about 50 feet. That means point of dot between point blank and 50' should be point of impact. I realize that the grind may void my warranty, that's okay. It has nothing to do with internal performance.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I just ordered one for my LC9. As long as you train with it on and with it off(in case it go south) it would be a +
    Raygo53
    01 FFL Dealer
    NRA Firearms Instructor
    “Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men.’’

My LGS had a set of CTs to fit my P239...... they let me try them before buying and they left still on my pistol. Shot POA out to 10 yds which was as far as I shot today with only limited time! Shot just as good with them as with them turned off. Should be a good advantage for low light situations or poor shooting positions, but doesn't replace regular sights, not for me anyway! Great Addition!!
    Last edited by TXOutfitter; August 19th, 2011 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Typo
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

I have CT's on my S&W 411 and on my Ruger LCR . No complaints other than they needed some adjustment at the range to get them zero'd.
    S&W / Taurus / Ruger / Beretta / Remington and Benelli .... and if all else fails I have my ... My .50 flintlock

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

I have 3 main carry guns... all have CT laserguards on them. You still need to learn the sights, but you can't get better/accurate shots off from the hip w/o a CT.
    -Kel-Tec P3AT .380 w/ Crimson Trace Laserguard and Clip Extension (summer carry)
    -Kahr PM9 9mm w/ Crimson Trace Laserguard and Clip Extension (new summer carry)
    -Glock 27 .40 w/ Crimson Trace Laserguard and Clip Extension (winter carry)
    -Taurus PT945 .45 (more or less retired from carry)

CT Problem

I like the idea of a laser on my pistols since I'm growing older by the day but I'll be damned if I can find a belt unit for my Ruger SR40c with CT Laser. I'd sure appreciate a nod if anyone knows where to pick up such a beast.
    Thanks

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    I don't have any lasers on mine, even tho I have been wanting to get one I don't think spending $300 for it is worth it. But from what I hear they are pretty amazing, I think they are much better for hip fire aiming among many other things, If you have the extra money I definitely recommend you buy one. Not to mention the laser scares the CRAP out of BG's.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Although not a CT laser, I have a Sig laser on my P238, it came that way from the factory and now that it is sighted in it is great.

As for holstsers for weapons with laser, I have a Crossbreed on order for mine with the laser on it.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

I have Ct lasers on all my carry guns and my night stand gun. I shoot much better with them than without. Two Glocks, 642 Smith, and a Sig229 all have Ct lasers.
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    I don't have any lasers on mine, even tho I have been wanting to get one I don't think spending $300 for it is worth it. But from what I hear they are pretty amazing, I think they are much better for hip fire aiming among many other things, If you have the extra money I definitely recommend you buy one. Not to mention the laser scares the CRAP out of BG's.
    Which is one reason I like my .380, it has the laser.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    I CT Lasers on both my Kimbers. I never use them. I prefer my iron sights .
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Adjusting the CT

Do any of y'all that added the CT to you CCW had advice on zeroing the laser?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links