How many use Crimson Trace on their carry gun?

This is a discussion on How many use Crimson Trace on their carry gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gcburt Do any of y'all that added the CT to you CCW had advice on zeroing the laser? Are you having a ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: How many use Crimson Trace on their carry gun?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gcburt View Post
    Do any of y'all that added the CT to you CCW had advice on zeroing the laser?
    Are you having a particular problem?
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

My CT will arrive today and I'll install in on my just purchased Kahr MP9. Then it's off to the range for the first ime with this weapon.
    CW5 Retired, Master Army Aviator and MTFE (1970-2005).

On my Glock 23 and it is great for investigating bumps in the night along with the attached flashlight .

My CT will arrive today and I'll install in on my just purchased Kahr MP9. Then it's off to the range for the first ime with this weapon.
    I sight in the lasers with my iron sights at home. You just need to know where it will hit with how you aim your irons. I've done this with 3 guns so far and every one of them has not needed any adjustments at the range.

Your PM9 CT laser will rest under your barrel so you will not have to worry about the target distance throwing your laser and point of impact. The CT lasers that rest on the side of the pistol will have to deal with this problem. I sight those lasers in at 10 yards because if I used it for SD any closer then that, it would be hard to justify inability to flee.

Do any of y'all that added the CT to you CCW had advice on zeroing the laser?
    Here info on sighting in a laser. This is from Crimson Trace but will work with other laser sights.
    Sighting In Your Laser Sights | Crimson Trace Lasergrips
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

If you have the money, I suggest getting a red dot attached to your slide.
    Also check out the Trijicon HD night sights, I think they're better than fiber. Top of the line iron sights.

I do have the laser on my sp101, but I'd prefer high viz sights on all my guns.

Quote Originally Posted by johnpfaff View Post
    I have carried IWB 4' 1911 for a number of years. I am 61 and the old eyes are not what they used to be. I have moved to fiber optic front sight for daytime use and am thinking Crimson Trace for night.

I heard a loud bang in my home the other night and was disturbed at the delay it took to reach around corners and turn lights on-plenty of time for a BG to grab or move in that situation. What are your thoughts on this? Please focus on the Crimson Trace part of this post. I have already gone to fiber optic front sight.

Disturbing little icons, aren't they?

Thanks,
    John.
    I have a crimson trace laser on my S&W M60 357 and the wife has CT on her Ruger LCR .38. Love them. Gets us on target quickly and it is great for training purposes.

I am 62 and since my catarac surgery last year I can see quite good without glasses. I have a Lasermax on my .40 cal Beretta Px4SC that is sighted in at twenty feet, or the maximum length of my largest room. While I do not carry concealed with my Lasermax installed I could. My Remora #6 holster works great with my PX4SC w/Laser installed.

Vv

I aligned at home like you mentioned and found it right on at the range the other evening - THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Rayman View Post
    I sight in the lasers with my iron sights at home. You just need to know where it will hit with how you aim your irons. I've done this with 3 guns so far and every one of them has not needed any adjustments at the range.

Your PM9 CT laser will rest under your barrel so you will not have to worry about the target distance throwing your laser and point of impact. The CT lasers that rest on the side of the pistol will have to deal with this problem. I sight those lasers in at 10 yards because if I used it for SD any closer then that, it would be hard to justify inability to flee.
    I aligned at home like you mentioned and found it right on at the range the other evening - THANKS!

DIDN'T MAKE SENSE WITHOUT THE QUOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Here info on sighting in a laser. This is from Crimson Trace but will work with other laser sights.
    Sighting In Your Laser Sights | Crimson Trace Lasergrips
    Couldn't get the videos to play all the way through, but my intial home alignment work well when I actually tried it out at the range.

THANKS !!

I have the Crimson Trace laser grip(LG660) on my S&WM&P357Sig and it works extremely well in my humble opinion.

Distinguished Member
    Our HD firearms all have lights and lasers and our ED ccw pistols have CT lasers. I'm a big fan of lasers, but train with and without them.

Have a CT on my full size XD40. I targeted about 3 inches to the left, try to make slight corrections and botched it all up. Need to spend one session at the range with nothing but sighting this thing in. Should of left well enough alone.......

Crimson Trace on a carry gun

Quote Originally Posted by johnpfaff View Post
    I have carried IWB 4' 1911 for a number of years. I am 61 and the old eyes are not what they used to be. I have moved to fiber optic front sight for daytime use and am thinking Crimson Trace for night.

I heard a loud bang in my home the other night and was disturbed at the delay it took to reach around corners and turn lights on-plenty of time for a BG to grab or move in that situation. What are your thoughts on this? Please focus on the Crimson Trace part of this post. I have already gone to fiber optic front sight.

Disturbing little icons, aren't they?

Thanks,
    John.
    I have a Bodyguard with a built-in Insight laser and a Kel-Tec PAT 380 with a Crimson trace laser. I am 75 and I need a laser!! I find
    the CT laser and its grip activation to be FAR superior to the Insight's fumble for the switch activation... I find the Bodyguard revolver
    to be absolutely reliable but its laser sucks - hard to activate - not reliable etc. On the other hand the CT laser works 100% of the time and makes my shots very accurate.. Get a CT laser on whatever you decide to carry, you'll love it!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links