Small carry guns???

Small carry guns???

This is a discussion on Small carry guns??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I understand the need to be able to discreetly carry a SD firearm. But I'm just wondering are there any members who don't carry pocket/mouse ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Small carry guns???

Small carry guns???

I understand the need to be able to discreetly carry a SD firearm. But I'm just wondering are there any members who don't carry pocket/mouse guns? I have carried them in the past, and now I feel that I want to be able to get a full grip if I ever have to use a firearm for self defense. Smallest carry gun I have now is a G19. I carry it, and will soon put a Sig SP2022 in the rotation.
    Inspector71 likes this.

All that I have to carry right now is a G19, but I will be adding other weapons(I have a big list) that include smaller pocket size guns.
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

But I'm just wondering are there any members who don't carry pocket/mouse guns?
    Could you re-phrase the question? No really sure what you're after here.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

8th ID

Great topic. Not all small gun's are mouse guns. Although larger firearms can be concieled, they are made for open carry as service sized pistols. They can be semi concealed, of fully concealed. Smaller guns are pretty much concealable firearms, and hide out guns. Mouse guns are usually of lower powered guns of any size.
    Last edited by Secret Spuk; August 8th, 2011 at 05:06 PM.

I carry small .380's, but they aren't really "pocket" guns. They have enough weight to handle the recoil and a large enough grip to allow me some accuracy with them.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I have a S&W Airweight J-frame in 32H&R mag that I sometimes carry when I don't feel I can conceal my Glock 26 well enough. Ballistically, I count the .32H&R as a little better than a .380ACP, and I get one more shot than I would with a 38 J-frame. I'm not sure if this counts as a mouse gun though.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss9 View Post
    I have a S&W Airweight J-frame in 32H&R mag that I sometimes carry when I don't feel I can conceal my Glock 26 well enough. Ballistically, I count the .32H&R as a little better than a .380ACP, and I get one more shot than I would with a 38 J-frame. I'm not sure if this counts as a mouse gun though.
    I don't either. I tell people that I carry a .380 and I hear "Oh, a mouse gun." I get tired of saying "no, it's actually a 9 mm with a little less velocity, but if you stand close enough to it, it'll still hurt 'ya."
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    The smallest I have is the LCP. Fortunately I have only have to carry it twice. Only when I absolutely cannot carry my G26 I carry my LCP. It is my better than nothing gun.

I carry a SA XD40 SC, not real small, but I like it!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Nothing wrong with a .380. I carry a Sig P238 in my pocket and sometimes in the Kydex belt holster it came with. I have carried an LCP but I just prefer the Sigs grip and love the way it shoots. I can say I rarely just pocket carry. I usually have a lager caliber stashed else where.

Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    I understand the need to be able to discreetly carry a SD firearm. But I'm just wondering are there any members who don't carry pocket/mouse guns? I have carried them in the past, and now I feel that I want to be able to get a full grip if I ever have to use a firearm for self defense. Smallest carry gun I have now is a G19. I carry it, and will soon put a Sig SP2022 in the rotation.
    I don't quite understand the topic. Are you asking, excluding those who carry "mouse" guns, what they carry? I believe everyone should have a small frame pistol such as the Ruger LCP or something along those lines to carry when a larger framed pistol is just out of the question.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I like full sized guns better. I can shoot them better than the compact sized guns that I have.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

I'll try to clear it up: Not really a caliber question. Maybe I shouldn't have used the 'mouse gun' description. Just wondering who carries either a compact or full size weapon and doesn't pocket carry.

VIP Member
    Smallest gun I carry is a Kahr CW45. While not a full size 1911, it gets the job done.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    My main concealed carry gun is a Kahr PM9.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links