How Many CC Full Size Weapons

This is a discussion on How Many CC Full Size Weapons within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A deep and thin skinned iwb holster made out of calf skin is the best way to hide a full size gun. The calf skin ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How Many CC Full Size Weapons

A deep and thin skinned iwb holster made out of calf skin is the best way to hide a full size gun. The calf skin is thin and doesn't add to the width much, is soft, and conforms to the body while adding cushion.

The deep carry mode puts the butt of the pistol right along the belt line, doing a great job of hiding it. The down side is since it is carried deep, a quick combat or shooting grip will not be possible. You have to pull it out with the fingers and then grasp.

I carry a g17 and 1911 this way in a holster I designed and had made by a local custom leather man here locally.
    This is the very best way I have found to carry a big gun in relative comfort all day.

I prefer this to any carry mode that has the gun pointing at my " junk" in the front.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

2. Remove Ads

I don't know how you guys do it, I guess I've put on too mucgh weight since the navy. I aint concealing nothing fullsize, heck My XD 45C with the short mag is as good as it gets for me. That only works if I'm wearing an unbutton casual shirt with T-shirt underneath. Otherwise it's the PF-9 in the pockit.

I often carry a G22 in the winter in one of these:

Inside Waistband Holsters | PJ Holster

It can be done in the summer, but I find that having a jacket or an additional long sleeve shirt helps with the bulge on my hip.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcealedG30 View Post
    I've been CC for about 4 months and have been primarily carrying a G30 and a G26 in a hybird IWB holster. I recently have purchased a G17 and am looking for possible ways to carry it. Any ideas would be appreciated. I did slide it in my G26 IWB holster and it felt O.K to me. I also recently purchased a real light jacket that would allow me to use a Safariland ALS level III holster which I think would be nice. Obvioulsy I can't wear a jacket in KS everday but its just another option I would like to have in my cc arsenal.
    I guess it depends on what you consider a full-sized weapon. My Glock 19 is as large of a weapon as I'd ever want in a firefight. Maybe because I have small hands and arms, I just couldn't see myself using a Glock 17 or a full-sized 1911 or something similar. I'll admit the G19 is more difficult to conceal than some of my smaller guns, but it is the one I typically carry most of the time.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    I carry my para gi expert in a crossbreed super tuck in warm weather and a Galco Miami classic in cold weather.

I also have a Galco n3 iwb that conceals better than the super tuck but it isn't as comfortable.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Very seldom, I through a J-frame in the cargo shorts pocket and
    call it a day.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    when it's cool enough for an overshirt I can wear a full size HK USP, Ruger P94 or even Dan Wesson revolver with 2 1/2 inch barrel. But I'm finding it increasingly easier to just pop the LCR in the pocket and go.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

I plan to carry my 4003 and FS M&P Pro9 since our CCW law doesn't go into effect until November it won't be hard to dress for it. ;)
    Although I do plan on picking up a compact gun or two also (4013 or 3913, and an M&P compact) since my wife is getting her ccw as well.

92FS or GP100, three o'clock, owb, high ride.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I think people who live in the Northern tier states have better success in concealing a full sized handgun than those who live in the Southern tier states because the summers there are cooler and they don't look out of place wearing some sort of concealing garment. A person in Portland, Oregon may well be able to conceal a full size 1911 .45, whereas someone living in Houston, Texas where the heat index is 110 degrees, may be lucky to conceal a Ruger LCP .380 wearing only a T-shirt, shorts and flip flops.

I can carry a large handgun in the wintertime with no problems at all, but here in Kansas, as you well know, the summer temps can reach into the 100's and we would look out of place wearing a jacket or shirt or even a vest over a T-shirt while outdoors.
    God bless our troops!

It's 99 degrees here in NE FLA and I am carrying my Glock 22, a full sized .40 in a remora IWB under an untucked polo style shirt. no other concealment garment. No big deal

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    It's 99 degrees here in NE FLA and I am carrying my Glock 22, a full sized .40 in a remora IWB under an untucked polo style shirt. no other concealment garment. No big deal
    I am checking into those Remora holsters, I have read a lot good reviews on them and I hope they solve my summer carry problem of only being able to carry my Ruger LCP!
    God bless our troops!

Occassionally, I wear a service model M&P 9mm (4.25" barrel), in an OWB Desantis holster. My shirts are usually a collared button style, worn out over...or untucked. Once a while I'll carry a SA 1911 Compact Carry, which is much easier to conceal than the M&P and hits a lot harder too.

Otherwise, I wear a .38spl. snubby in an Uncle Mike's pancake holster, but it's much easier to conceal because it lays flatter and is lighter in weight.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57
    Beer Nuts: $1.49
    Deer Nuts: Still under a Buck.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I carry a K frame Smith with a 4" Barrel, used to carry a Sig P220. Rarely do I carry my .380 bug.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I conceal carry a full size Walther P99AS IWB with no problem whatsoever.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links