Lowest gun prices - Page 2

Lowest gun prices

This is a discussion on Lowest gun prices within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DoctorBob galleryofguns.com has the lowest prices and gives you the FINAL cost including shipping, background check, etc. Go to the site, click ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Lowest gun prices

  1. #16
    Member Array Justified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorBob View Post
    galleryofguns.com
    has the lowest prices and gives you the FINAL cost including shipping, background check, etc. Go to the site, click on Gun Genie on the left side of the frame, enter the model you are looking for and then be sure to adjust the search range to 50 miles from around your zip code. Click the INSTANT QUOTE button and then pay attention ONLY to the "SUB TOTAL" price 'cause that is the price you will end up paying in the end. You have to page thru the listings since there doesn't seem to be any easy way to sort them by price (Sub Total). You pick the gun up at one of your local dealers after making the partial ayment on the net.
    Always good to support your local shops
    Stubborn likes this.
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military


  2. #17
    VIP Member Array farronwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,788
    Where do you live in Texas?

    If you go to Gallery of Guns you can search for a particular gun and then get an instant quote from folks around where you live, or you can search for a retailer and check their price on whatever model gun you want.

    I will warn you that at times, it might be more expensive to buy through Gun Genie, than it is to walk up to the local store, simply because there are shipping fees for the single gun when you buy it. If the gun shop has purchased multiple guns at one time the shipping per gun may be less.

    You could always go to academy and buy a gun, but if you ever have an issue with it, you're out of luck with them, when you walk out of academy the gun is yours and they don't ever want to see it again, regardless of the issue. You have to handle it yourself. If you go to a real gun shop they should be more than willing to handle any problems with a gun you buy from them.

    If you use your googlefoo, you should be able to determine what a decent price is for whatever gun you're looking for. Don't be afraid to pay a few more dollars than the bottom price you find on the net. Buying from a good local gun shop often pays off in the long run if you continue to do business with them.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

  3. #18
    VIP Member Array Guns and more's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    2,391
    Hard to beat:
    Gunbroker.com
    Bud'sgunshop.com

    Often on Gunbroker, you can find a new firearm from a private seller, for much less than from the big online stores.
    I found my new Sig 225 for $100 less than what the big Sig dealers were asking.

    Don't get in a bidding war. Pick your price and stick with it.

    Bud's is great, fast shipping. Don't expect a lot of personal service, they sell guns, they don't live guns.

  4. #19
    VIP Member
    Array BenGoodLuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    Is there a way to "tag" threads because this one is a good one to remember. (or not because it = me spending more $)
    Click on "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread and select Subscribe to this thread
    Ben

    Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)


  5. #20
    Member Array Justified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by bentcursor View Post
    Click on "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread and select Subscribe to this thread
    I was thinking more down the road when I am itching for a new piece and this thread is not as active. I can just look in my "tagged threads" or something and pull it up.
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

  6. #21
    Member Array joeyrh9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    122
    [QUOTE=Guns and more;2000765]Hard to beat:
    Gunbroker.com
    Bud'sgunshop.com

    I second that.

    I will usually go to Buds to reference a price. I will then go to Gunbroker and stick with a price that is close, equal, or less than buds. Out of all my guns (13 total) I have only paid full price for two of them. The rest I have saved an average of $45-$85 on each of them. Gunbroker is one of the best things that has ever happened to firearms. There are a lot of deals to be made. The best part about it is that if you stick to out of state seller... you will never pay taxes. That in it self can be a savings of at least $30 on your average gun. If a deal cannot be made in gunbroker then the only other place I will buy is from Bud's Gun Shop.
    Remember as a rule of thumb in defensive carry...your intention is always to STOP....not to hurt, however; in a gun fight, its either me or them.....and Im sure as hell that it will NOT be me.
    -joey rh

  7. #22
    Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    1,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    Always good to support your local shops
    I agree. I don't mind paying 30-50 bucks extra to support my local dealer. That way I know he'll be there in the future.
    Just my $.02
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  8. #23
    Member Array SpikeTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Where do you live in Texas?

    I will warn you that at times, it might be more expensive to buy through Gun Genie, than it is to walk up to the local store, simply because there are shipping fees for the single gun when you buy it. If the gun shop has purchased multiple guns at one time the shipping per gun may be less.


    If you use your googlefoo, you should be able to determine what a decent price is for whatever gun you're looking for. Don't be afraid to pay a few more dollars than the bottom price you find on the net. Buying from a good local gun shop often pays off in the long run if you continue to do business with them.
    Don't forget to add in FFL fee.

  9. #24
    VIP Member Array farronwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeTX View Post
    Don't forget to add in FFL fee.
    Depends. Gun Genie the FFL fee is in the price when you do the "Instant Quote".

    If I find a gun that my gun shop can't get, I don't pay the FFL fee, because most of the time I try to buy what he has in stock to help him turn his inventory, or pay up front for something he has to order for me. If you use your local shop enough there are perks that come along with using them. To me it is well worth it rather than trying to save 20 or 50 bucks on a gun.

    Heck, two guns ago, I simply gave him an extra 13% of the cost of the gun because I didn't feel like he charged me enough. I will probably save that much when I go down today to order my 8 year old a .243 for this hunting season.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

  10. #25
    Member Array joeyrh9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    I agree. I don't mind paying 30-50 bucks extra to support my local dealer. That way I know he'll be there in the future.
    Just my $.02
    Well, for some of us little people $30-$50 bucks is a lot. But I see your point.
    Remember as a rule of thumb in defensive carry...your intention is always to STOP....not to hurt, however; in a gun fight, its either me or them.....and Im sure as hell that it will NOT be me.
    -joey rh

  11. #26
    Senior Member Array Danimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    891
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyrh9 View Post
    Well, for some of us little people $30-$50 bucks is a lot. But I see your point.
    And you also have to account for tax....or is Texas one of those states that doesn't charge sales tax...can't remember. Locally tax is about 9%, but if you buy the gun online, and the seller is not in the same state as you, you shouldn't have to pay sales tax......which makes the gun an even better bargain if you buy through Bud's.

    As far as gun genie goes, I rarely if ever find good prices through them. A lot of times I have even found that the gun is more than what they are really asking for in the local gun shop.

  12. #27
    Member Array SpikeTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    29
    Sales tax needs to be added in Texas. I agree I have no issues to pay a little more on the spot then wait... I'm like a kid in a candy store! I'm weird though; I research the item to death and until I walk into the shop then; the cash start flying. I know what I will pay and how much over I'm willing to go before I get there.

    There is a pecking order in my household. Harley, dogs, woman then hand guns. I think I need to rearrange that order but I don't have the heart to tell the woman she is moving down another slot.

  13. #28
    Member Array Justified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeTX View Post
    Sales tax needs to be added in Texas. I agree I have no issues to pay a little more on the spot then wait... I'm like a kid in a candy store! I'm weird though; I research the item to death and until I walk into the shop then; the cash start flying. I know what I will pay and how much over I'm willing to go before I get there.

    There is a pecking order in my household. Harley, dogs, woman then hand guns. I think I need to rearrange that order but I don't have the heart to tell the woman she is moving down another slot.
    gun, bikes, and dogs

    m.jpg
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

best gun prices

,

best handgun prices

,
best prices on guns
,
best prices on handguns
,
cheapest gun prices
,

low price guns

,
low priced guns
,

lowest gun prices

,
lowest handgun prices
,
lowest price guns
,

who has the best gun prices

,
who has the best prices on guns
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors