OK... Now What? - Page 2

OK... Now What?

This is a discussion on OK... Now What? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gdm320 SIXTO actually made a nice point yesterday: You say that as if you're shocked....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: OK... Now What?

  1. #16
    Administrator
    Array SIXTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    20,370
    Quote Originally Posted by gdm320 View Post
    SIXTO actually made a nice point yesterday:
    You say that as if you're shocked.
    INccwchris likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"


  2. #17
    Member Array MikeNice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    283
    I would personally skip the Sig and the Glock. I would recomend the CZ 75 P-07 Duty. It isn't really any thicker than a Glock and definitely thinner than a Sig. Plus it comes a decocker and has the option of a manual safety. It has been torture tested to meet the specifications of several police forces. Plus you can get out the door with one for between $436 and $483 depending on where you buy it.

    I also would consider a CZ 75B D PCR. It is the concealed carry version of the CZ 75 Compact. It comes with a decocker and night sights for about $500 - $550 out the door. It is heavier than the P-07 though. It is an alloy framed gun instead of a polymer.

    I would try them out. A couple of my Glock "fan boi" friends have ended up with P-07s after handling mine.

  3. #18
    Member Array Flasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pocono Mtns, PA
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    You never said what you currently carry, that your wife says is too fat.

    239 is very nice.

    I carry a S&W m&P9c, & a Kel Tec P11, which I don't think is that fat.
    Right now, I'm carrying a Taurus 617 (wheel gun, .357 mag, 7 rounds). Not that it matters too much - it got me permission to buy another gun!
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

    A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

  4. #19
    Member Array Flasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pocono Mtns, PA
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    SIG makes great service pistols.....have yet to handle one that I would even consider for concealed carry. I don't care for their new pocket 9mm (fat) and I don't carry a .380 for self defense, so their $600 gun gives me no joy. Friend of mine is a SIG snob, and I always ask him what he is carrying today......and he is never armed because he can't conceal his freakin' $1,000 P220. Just because you drop a grand on a gun, does not mean it is the very best....if you can't carry it.

    If you want thin, light and concealable, I would go with a Kahr CW9, CM9, or CW45. You can buy two for the price of a SIG.
    Next choice would be any of the Glocks such as a G19, G26, G23, G27. Bullet proof and as accurate and reliable as you will ever need. Next choice would be the Smith & Wesson M&P Compact 9mm or .40. Great guns and just a tad bigger than the Glock 26/27/33. Great shooters, and as accurate as any steel gun I've shot.
    I'm kind of a "big" guy (5' 10", 240 lbs.), so it's not real difficult for me to cc my Astra or just about any other full-size pistol. My wife didn't even realize that I was carrying until I took my shirt off while getting ready for bed. The 7-round cylinder of the 617 made my belt push out a bit. I fairly certain that just about any of the pistols under discussion here will be much thinner than that.

    The main thing that I like about the Sig (besides the accuracy, which they all pretty much had) was the way it fit my hand and the de-cocker. Call me anal, but I really like that feature. Makes me feel a bit more secure.
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

    A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

  5. #20
    Member Array BigRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    SIG makes great service pistols.....have yet to handle one that I would even consider for concealed carry. I don't care for their new pocket 9mm (fat) and I don't carry a .380 for self defense, so their $600 gun gives me no joy. Friend of mine is a SIG snob, and I always ask him what he is carrying today......and he is never armed because he can't conceal his freakin' $1,000 P220. Just because you drop a grand on a gun, does not mean it is the very best....if you can't carry it.
    I agree, zonker1986. A gun is no good if you don't carry it. But, as one who's EDC is a P220. I just wanted to add that virtually any handgun can be concealed effectively if you're willing to adjust your clothing style or carry method a bit.
    BTW, I don't care for "Sig snobs," either. I love my Glock and my S&W, and would trust my life to both. The only reason they aren't my EDC pistols is the fact that I can shoot my P220 a tad more effectively, and I'll take any advantage I can get.
    BigRay

    Springfield TRP Armory Kote, Springfield Trophy Match, Sig Sauer P220R SAO, Glock 35 with Heinie Slant Pro sights, Springfield Armory XDs 45, S&W Model 29 Mountain Gun, PTR-91F in 7.62mm NATO, Springfield M1A1, Sig 556 Patrol Rifle and Benelli M2 with 10-round magazine

  6. #21
    Senior Member Array SCfromNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,062
    I would use the, "your gun is to fat", as an excuse to buy a Springfield EMP. Nice and slim, excellent reliability, accurate, easy to shoot, and nice to look at. When she says,"You spent how much?" You can just say it was her fault.
    Registration: A prelude to Confiscation and Anarchy.

  7. #22
    Senior Member Array gdm320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    571
    It's probably worth mentioning I've met just as many Glock snobs as SIG snobs.

    Another thing that is at least worth a peek are the Walther PPQs. Very nice guns.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

  8. #23
    VIP Member Array zonker1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,833
    Quote Originally Posted by gdm320 View Post
    It's probably worth mentioning I've met just as many Glock snobs as SIG snobs.

    Another thing that is at least worth a peek are the Walther PPQs. Very nice guns.
    Hah!! A Walther Snob in the making. I agree, the PPQ's look like a true winner.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

  9. #24
    Member Array Bufford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    34
    I have carried Kahrs, KelTec PF9's, Baby glocks, etc... but right now I carry a Sig C3 - 1911, not because it is a Sig, but because it is the gun I shoot with the most accurately out of all of them in the safe!! Carry what you are comfortable with & what you can shoot well with.

  10. #25
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Posts
    17,634
    My son likes his Sigs, has a safe full of them, is issued one. But then his safe is full of everything!

    I shot his Sigs and have no complaints about them at all--except the price. They all shoot reliably and accurately. My Glock 30 shoots just as well for half the price. Maybe when my Lotto check arrives I'll start a Sig collection. But then I'll collect a lot of things.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

  11. #26
    Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ky.
    Posts
    1,890
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    SIG makes great service pistols.....have yet to handle one that I would even consider for concealed carry. I don't care for their new pocket 9mm (fat) and I don't carry a .380 for self defense, so their $600 gun gives me no joy. Friend of mine is a SIG snob, and I always ask him what he is carrying today......and he is never armed because he can't conceal his freakin' $1,000 P220. Just because you drop a grand on a gun, does not mean it is the very best....if you can't carry it.

    If you want thin, light and concealable, I would go with a Kahr CW9, CM9, or CW45. You can buy two for the price of a SIG.
    Next choice would be any of the Glocks such as a G19, G26, G23, G27. Bullet proof and as accurate and reliable as you will ever need. Next choice would be the Smith & Wesson M&P Compact 9mm or .40. Great guns and just a tad bigger than the Glock 26/27/33. Great shooters, and as accurate as any steel gun I've shot.
    Your friend is a fool...

  12. #27
    Member Array WIright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    se wisconsin
    Posts
    38
    Well? Are you getting any closer to this decision? If you are thin like me (5'10" 160) it's gonna have to be thin, CM9,LC9... at least for warm weather.

  13. #28
    Member Array Viper7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Gwinnett Cty, Georgia
    Posts
    120
    I own three SIGs, 1911 C3, P220, and P225, but I practically never carry them. For carry it's a Kahr PM40, PM45 or CW40. All have been 100%, are small and thin, and most important to me, light.

  14. #29
    Member Array Flasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pocono Mtns, PA
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by DustyBottoms View Post
    Have you handled a 239?

    The slide is pretty fat by any standard, definately not helping your quest for 'thin'. A Walther PPS is thin, a Kahr is thin, a P239..not really.

    Great gun, but not thin, or light, or small for it's capacity.
    Haven't handled a 239 yet.

    One thing I didn't mention is that the cylinder on my EDC is 1.5" in diameter, so just about any pistol will be much thinner.

    Now I'm thinking of trying to standardize on the ammo. I own the Judge, which takes .45LC (and I assume it would be able to use ACP in a pinch), so I may start looking at .45's rather than 40's. Not too much difference on recoil, tho you have less rounds (usually), but it makes bigger holes. I don't make a lot of money, so I can't buy too many guns (at one time). I appreciate all the input. I'll let you all know when I make a decision.
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

    A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

  15. #30
    Member Array DocGlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central Arkansas
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    I own the Judge, which takes .45LC (and I assume it would be able to use ACP in a pinch)
    I don't believe that's the case. The S&W Governor can take the ACP (with moon clips), but I believe the Judge is limited to .410 and .45LC.
    Glock Certified Armorer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

cz p-01 vs ppq
,

cz p07 torture test

,
cz po7 torture test
,
ppq torture test
,
sig 1911
,
sig p239 vs cz p01
,
walther ppq test
,

walther ppq torture test

,

walther ppq vs cz p01

,
walther ppq vs cz p07 duty
,
walther ppq vs sig
,
walther ppq vs sig 239
Click on a term to search for related topics.