OK... Now What? - Page 3

OK... Now What?

This is a discussion on OK... Now What? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like the Glock 36. Find what you like, though. +1 for your wife. Does she have a sister? !!...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: OK... Now What?

I like the Glock 36. Find what you like, though. +1 for your wife. Does she have a sister? !!

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Your friend is a fool...
    haven't seen the "fool" for a couple of weeks as he has been traveling for business. Asked him what he was carrying and he just smiled, reached for the small of his back and pulled out this exact model (not a pic of his gun). Once a SIG snob, always a SIG snob.....just glad to see he has found a gun he can carry. BTW, the SIG 1911, while not a true 1911 is a freaking beautifully made gun.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGlock View Post
    I don't believe that's the case. The S&W Governor can take the ACP (with moon clips), but I believe the Judge is limited to .410 and .45LC.
    You're right, and I haven't been able to find anyone who makes moon clips for the Judge. Bummer!

Quote Originally Posted by WIright View Post
    Well? Are you getting any closer to this decision? If you are thin like me (5'10" 160) it's gonna have to be thin, CM9,LC9... at least for warm weather.
    Since I just blew my wad (again) on an AK-47, I think that I'm going with the Glock 30. Accurate, comfortable & thinner than my current EDC.

BTW - I had posted in the "Gun you love to hate" thread that I was having trouble with both of my Taurus handguns. Not anymore. Did a bit of gunsmithing on both of them and solved the problems, so they are both reliable now (as they should have been out of the box).
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

Quote Originally Posted by RoadKill View Post
    I like the Glock 36. Find what you like, though. +1 for your wife. Does she have a sister? !!
    No sister - she's an only... Thank God - I don't think that I could handle 2 of them...

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

I have a Sig p239 .40S&W which I had the Sig Shop convert from DAK to DA/SA. I can now put shots on somewhat accurately on target that I could not before the change. I never mastered the DAK pull and shots were all over the place. Not now! Just my $0.02 worth, KC.

I would look at the Walther PPQ, saying it is slim is a understatement, plus it is a great shooter. Beretta's new Nano will be out at the end of Oct and it's reported to be even thinner than the PPQ.

Beretta's Nano appears to be the exact size of a PM/CM9. Nov. issue of Guns&Ammo has an actual size pic of the Nano on the cover. I laid my PM9 over it and they seem to be quite similar in size. It's priced in the CM range.

With guns of this size, there's hardly any reason to go unarmed...
    "We Dare Defend Our Rights", Alabama State Motto...

Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    I would use the, "your gun is to fat", as an excuse to buy a Springfield EMP. Nice and slim, excellent reliability, accurate, easy to shoot, and nice to look at. When she says,"You spent how much?" You can just say it was her fault.
    I used the "gun too fat" excuse to get myself a Springfield XDM 4.5 in .45cal. It is (marginally) thinner than my wheel gun, holds more rounds, shoots WAY more accurately, reloads faster and makes bigger holes. What's not to like?
    Last edited by Flasher; March 22nd, 2012 at 08:03 AM. Reason: left out a bunch of words...

Adam42 got the Walther PPQ mixed up with the Walther PPS....both Walthers are excellent shooters...the PPQ being full-sized and the PPS the smaller one...right now these are a "must handle" and "must-shoot" (if possible) options....you will understand once you do....these are in a class by themselves....
    Dont shop the "cheap aisle" for a carry gun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links