Who carrys large caliber revolvers? - Page 4

Who carrys large caliber revolvers?

This is a discussion on Who carrys large caliber revolvers? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Knightrider She gets carried from time to time. Very nice. I carried a Model-28 when most everyone else in my department carried ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Who carrys large caliber revolvers?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post

She gets carried from time to time.
    Very nice. I carried a Model-28 when most everyone else in my department carried the 19. I'd love to have one just for old times sake. Oh well...
    Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by AIRLANT View Post
    I'm partial to my 6" Colt Python .357 mag with Gold Dot defense rounds.

What a great looking revolver...I REALLY like it.

When I'm not carrying my Glock-36, my Ruger SP101 in .357 comes along...I feel well protected at ALL times.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Why would anyone start such a thread let alone respond to it?

AND WITH PICS!!!

Now I dream about big bore sixguns in my sleep.......then daydream.......

Keep watching the hotel gunfight sean it the movie "48 hrs". Wanted a model 29 Smith ever since 1982 when the movie came out.

Now this thread.

Hurry up gunshow!

Quote Originally Posted by AIRLANT View Post
    I'm partial to my 6" Colt Python .357 mag with Gold Dot defense rounds.

Really nice.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I carried an S&W Model 58 .41 Magnum as a duty handgun during most of the late 1980s, and frequently toted it concealed when off the clock during that time. I briefly owned a .45 ACP Model 25-2 snubby during that time, but it rode less comfortably than a 4" sixgun, and when financial hard times hit, the big-bore snubby went away, along with most of my firearms, except for a very basic few. The old 58 is loose now, not able to pass the function test detailed in the sticky post at the top of this sub-forum. I well have it tightened and tuned, but I finally admitted to myself that my hands are not quite big enough to handle an N-frame well in DA shooting.

When I retire from policin' in the next two to eight years, and am free from PD policy that affects what I carry, 24/7, I may
    well carry a single action .45 Colt sixgun, made by Colt or USFA, at least some of the time. I already have a Milt Sparks
    Summer Special for the purpose.

A contender for big-bore concealed carry that I do have now is a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan, which falls within my employer's rules for off-the-clock weapons. With an original factory GP100 grip in place, it fits my hands superbly, and I can reach the trigger easily for DA shooting. It remains to be seen if it will find favor for urban concealed carry, as I have yet to purchase a rig for it. Just because it has a short snout does not make it small, however, so for now, I see the SRH Alaskan as a specialty weapon more so than a daily carry gun.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links