1st Range report for New Kahr CM9

This is a discussion on 1st Range report for New Kahr CM9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up my new Kahr late last week and i was able to get to the range this morning. This is the smallest gun ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st Range report for New Kahr CM9

1st Range report for New Kahr CM9

I picked up my new Kahr late last week and i was able to get to the range this morning. This is the smallest gun i own and it handles better than i could imagine. 50 rounds of blaser and 50 rounds of remington 9mm fmg and 0 ftf's and 0 fte's, flawless. i shoot at the 7 yard self defense distance and i wish i could say i shot 1" groups, i probably couldn't do that with a rifle. but the CM9 does better than mePhoto0034.jpg Yes, i believe i made the right decision choosing the Kahr over all the others.

2. Remove Ads

congrats on the new cm9,excellent choice...

Grats on the new toy, nice choice.

Cool toy. Curious what else you were considering before the purchase?
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Did your barrel hold up ?? I went to the range, alternated guns but by the end of my time there shot 240 rds thru the new CW9. It shot flawlessly and was great. But, when I disassembled it to clean it, (with the ammo I use they don't need much cleaning ) I found small shiney metal flakes everywhere, and so much "black stuff" in the whole top area of the gun, it was amazing. Yes, I cleaned it before shooting it , etc.

Turns out, the chrome in the intial part of the barrel chamber... flaked off or was eaten away and that was what was causing the issue. Kahr has said it has had some issues with this, and are replacing the barrels.

You wouldn't believe how many said their's was polished and not chrome, but after looking, now realize it's chromed in those areas.

Glad yours did fine.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

GM
    Glad that you like it. Congrats and enjoy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Looks Like this may the way I go.......better to save a little more and buy better quality.... Glad you like your CM9
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    As you quickly found out the Kahr's while small handguns perform like a larger pistols and are generally a pleasure to shoot unlike many small semi's.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

No flaking, no damage. performed to my expectations. Feels bigger in my hands than it is. I didn't like the feel of the LC9, which is bigger. I thought i might have to get a 380 to find something small enough to hide comfortably in warm weather. the shop i go to frequently just got one of these in last week, and i was suprised to see how well it compared to the 380's. it's slightly larger than the P380, but not much, and i get to keep the 9mm power. i looked at the taurus slim, and even though i have a pt111 and love the feel and performance, the slim just didn't seem to have it. maybe it's the similarity of looks and handling.

Kahr CM9 is a great little pocket 9mm. One of those pistols you can have with you ALL the time.....which is the whole point of having a concealed carry license.
    Put about 200 rounds through mine so far, and its been a blast. Love the way it shoots.
    Congrats on the range session. Looks like ya got him.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I want a CM9. I have and use a Jframe which I love but like 9mm ammo and was hoping for something a bit smaller than the Jframe (even though I can conceal it well in about 70% of my pockets). Also I just think they are look cool.

Go for the CM9! And keep the J Frame.
    S&W 640-3

Quote Originally Posted by 640girl View Post
    Go for the CM9! And keep the J Frame.
    Yeah I don't think I would sell the Jframe unless I traded it in for another jframe and they give me close to what I paid for it.

I also was thinking of getting the P380 instead since it would be a noticeable difference in size compared to the Jframe while the CM9 might be about the same size.

They are definately differant animals in my pocket. maybe my pants are too tight, but only the CM9 and smaller disappear when i drop them in my pocket. i feel a little uncomfortable with a bulge that big.the kahr is flat enough to not draw attention

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    It is superised me when I picked up a used cw9 how comtrolable it was after carry'n a pf-9 for 2 years. Way easier to shoot well. Went out and bought the cm9 for pocket carry and found it to be just as easy to control for double taps. great pistols. Glad you like yours well. Mine runs fine with the 7 and 8 shot mags for the cw9 too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links