To OD or not to OD?

This is a discussion on To OD or not to OD? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had a Glock 26 that I loved to carry. I had to sell it about 8 years ago for need of money. I sold ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: To OD or not to OD?

To OD or not to OD?

I had a Glock 26 that I loved to carry. I had to sell it about 8 years ago for need of money. I sold a 17 at the same time because I refused to part with my 19. At the same time I aquired a 23 as a duty weapon at no cost. When money became available again, I bought a 27 as it made sense since my duty weapon was a 23.

A few months ago I scored a used Gen 2 17 at a very low price. Well now I've been itching to get another 26. I've been wanting one for a long time. I don't reeeeeally need it. But I reeeeeally want it.

I had eyeballed a Gen 3 in OD. When the OD frame first came out, I hated it. Over time, it grew on me. Now I think that I am ready to scratch that itch. The question is.....to OD or not to OD?

I'm worried that the novelty will wear off in time. The other factor is that the OD doesn't have my LE discount. So getting the black frame would save me $60. Not a huge deal if I really want the OD, but it is still something to consider.

What do you guys and gals think?
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

2. Remove Ads

I've got airbrushes and Duracoat (totally amazing stuff). My G26 has been my main experimental piece. I'm drawing up a stars and bars motif right now based upon your eagle icon. That would be cool. I don't carry the 26 anymore (My EDC is also a G23), so I can fool with it. If I don't like it, black covers everything. If yours will be a carry gun, I'd leave it alone. Black is good.

My horrible little .380

Go black...you'll never go back...to OD.
    Old School likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If OD floats your boat then go with it. I like the flat dark earth colors myself.

Yankee, I'm diggin' that OD with the matching floor plate and crimson. Retsupt, I hear ya. My Glock line up is currently all stock black. Armydad, I hear you too. I'm just wondering if the OD fad will wear off after I carry it for a few months.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

VIP Member
    Whatever color you chose, do get yourself the G26 again. There's nothing else like it.

You only get one chance while you are here, so go for it!
    Hell man throw reason to the wind!
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Get the 26. There's an OD that I love, and there's an OD that I hate and the Glock is both depending on the light at the moment. Just make sure you have a few black Glocks that are easy to hide first, then have as much fun with OD as your wallet will let you.

Glock Certified Armorer

To OD or not to OD?
    Not.

FDE? Maybe.

I don't dislike the OD,however all my glocks are black . I likem that way feeling that they blend in better when carring them in an open carry holster. Go with what you like. Its a no brainer.

RKM
    I want an OD G20 as my next Glock purchase :)

my .357SIG Glocks are OD....G31,G32 & G33. The novelty does not wear off in the least. Also keeps me from putting 9mm ammo in the wrong gun.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I have an OD G33 like the one pictured above. I like it, and I don't think that the OD novelty wears off. Is it worth the $60 extra bucks though......?

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    As long as it's a glock who cares? my poision is a 17. If you put a magazine extension on a glock 26 it allows you to use a 17 round magazine and the 26 becomes the same size as a Glock 19.I tried no matter what I did I couldn't get comfortable
    with the glock 26. My next Glock will be the 34 as I have more than enough 45acp pistols.

Love my Hi Point in Green... please dont make fun of me or gun please
    Attached Images
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links