Taurus PT-1911 .45 ACP?

Taurus PT-1911 .45 ACP?

This is a discussion on Taurus PT-1911 .45 ACP? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I love Taurus as I own a PT-1911 & a Public Defender SS. I would like to have a compact .45 ACP but Bersas seem ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taurus PT-1911 .45 ACP?

Taurus PT-1911 .45 ACP?

I love Taurus as I own a PT-1911 & a Public Defender SS.

I would like to have a compact .45 ACP but Bersas seem to be as rare as Horse Feathers and I'd like to have more capacity than a Bond Derringer would allow without Paying Kimber or Glock or S&W prices.

Anyone got one of these Taurus PT-1911 .45 ACP?
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
    (Benjamin Franklin)

'God made man and woman; Colonel Colt made them equal'." (Ann Coulter)

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    I really like the PT1911 as a full size gun. it is in a nice price point and is a nice over all gun it may not be super refined but that can be fixed for cheap. As far as compacts go in .45 you can't skimp on the $$$ I have had a few STAR 45's that were nice but bottom end for me would be your Glock, S&W, and M&P's
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Almost everything that I have heard and seen, indicates that the PT1911 is a fine pistol for the price.
    Sure, it isn't a Wilson (etc,) but it has earned the nickname the 'Glock of 1911s' from some people, because they seem to just shoot an' shoot.

In my personal experience with 1911 pistols (I bought my first in 1978,) I would suggest that one sticks to full size and/or Commander length pistols with this format, and avoid going any shorter. - Some people have had great guns and experiences, but 'horror stories' concerning shorter than Commander length guns abound.

If one really wants a short .45 ACP pistol, then get a Glock 30 or 36 IMHO.

It'snot as compact as the Bersa, but look over the Ruger P345.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Ruger P345. Reasonable price, dependable, concealable, decock lever and ACCURATE

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    while I agree the ruger 345 is a solid choice It doesn't meet compact IMO. Compact with capacity the Glock 30SF is the king.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Quote Originally Posted by PairA10s View Post

I would like to have a compact .45 ACP but Bersas seem to be as rare as Horse Feathers and I'd like to have more capacity than a Bond Derringer would allow without Paying Kimber or Glock or S&W prices.

Not sure what .45 ACP Bersa you are looking for, but I just found a few:

Bersa 8 + 1 Round 45 ACP Single Action American Classic w/Ma $393.00 SHIPS FREE

Bersa MiniThunder .45ACP Ultra Compact, 7-round, Matte Finish $381.00 SHIPS FREE

AMC ACC45B AMCLS CMMDR 45 1911 8R BL $459.00 SHIPS FREE

I've got a PT1911, and it just keeps going as long as I feed it ammo.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I was talking about the Bersa UC Duo-Tone but it looks they have 'em at Buds and I meant the Taurus PT145 Millenium Pro sorry for the mix up.

I love my PT-1911 and I would like to buy anotherin the next few years.
    Last edited by PairA10s; August 9th, 2011 at 08:11 PM. Reason: I can't talk on the phone and type!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
    (Benjamin Franklin)

'God made man and woman; Colonel Colt made them equal'." (Ann Coulter)

The Metro Arms American Classic II is a better 1911 than the Taurus. Incredibly tight slide to frame fit, and doesn't make a sound when you shake it.....can't say the same about any of the Tauri I've handled. I paid a hefty sum of $365 on the internet for this Ameican Classic a couple of years ago. Shoots great, and have not had any issues to date.

BTW, Metro Arms out of the Phillipines is the manufacturer of the American Classic Series of 1911 and they are imported by Eagle Imports which also imports Bersas. Bersa does not make a 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    The Metro Arms American Classic II is a better 1911 than the Taurus. Incredibly tight slide to frame fit, and doesn't make a sound when you shake it.....can't say the same about any of the Tauri I've handled. I paid a hefty sum of $365 on the internet for this Ameican Classic a couple of years ago. Shoots great, and have not had any issues to date.

BTW, Metro Arms out of the Phillipines is the manufacturer of the American Classic Series of 1911 and they are imported by Eagle Imports which also imports Bersas. Bersa does not make a 1911.

Nice looking pistol.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen

I have the 24/7 Pro in 4". It's been a dream to shoot. DA/SA, striker fire, de-cocker, Picatinny rail... 12rd and 10rd magazines in .45ACP. I got mine on sale, and went out the door with a $30 box of ammo for $400.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

The Taurus short barrel 24/7 in .45ACP is a nice sized carry piece. I ended up buying a Taurus PT845, which is a full-size handgun, and I'm loving it. It is built off the 24/7 frame but has a hammer, decocker, DA/SA, etc.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I was talking about the Bersa UC Duo-Tone but it looks they have 'em at Buds and I meant the Taurus PT145 Millenium Pro sorry for the mix up.

I love my PT-1911 and I would like to buy anotherin the next few years.
    Well now I'm confused. Bud's has the Taurus PT145 Mil Pro duo tone as well:

Taurus PT145 Millennium Pro 45acp Stainless $354.00 SHIPS FREE

first gen Millenium Pro PT145's were crap. Luckily, mine had a catastrophic failure and I sent it to Miami for repairs. Everything below the slide came back brand new.....and the new trigger is awesome, and the gun has been 100% for the last several years. Not a target pistol, but at close range, 10 +1 of .45ACP is real hard to argue with regardless of gun firing it. I have a few other .45's, but none has the size to firepower ratio of the PT145.

Here's mine, and it has been carried a lot....of course the frame looks new....because it was replaced by Taurus CS.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links