Any alternatives to the Springfield Armory XD Subcompact?

Any alternatives to the Springfield Armory XD Subcompact?

This is a discussion on Any alternatives to the Springfield Armory XD Subcompact? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've recently stumbled into the land of firearms, and have already done some researching and looking around for pistols. My main use is going to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Any alternatives to the Springfield Armory XD Subcompact?

I've recently stumbled into the land of firearms, and have already done some researching and looking around for pistols. My main use is going to be concealed carry, so obviously my focus is on sub-compacts.

I've basically narrowed it down to the Springfield Armory XD Sub-Compact 9mm. Though, before dropping the money on one, I'd like to ask you people who are more knowledgeable if there are any alternatives to the XD9sc that includes this one feature:

Grip safety = I've looked at Glocks which don't have any manual safety features. And I've also looked at a number of other guns from S&W to Ruger which only seem to have thumb safeties. I realized that the grip-safety is my favorite type of safety, so I'd definitely want an alternative that has this feature.

If there are any, how do they compare to the XD9sc? Some other things that are important for me: ammo capacity (XD9sc has 13 which is great), 9mm caliber, trigger safety, as compact as possible, accurate, and it has to be reliable!

Thanks in advance :)

Springfield EMP.

Gives up a few rounds of capacity, but smaller & thinner.

No trigger safety, but thumb safety.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

I have been eyeballing the CZ-USA P07 in a 9mm. The issue I'm seeing is finding holsters. I'm tossed between the M&P and the P07.

I love the XD and XDM series of hand guns as they fit my hand extremely well. They may be a little fat for CC however depending on your carry method. I have chosen the Kel Tec PF9 due to its small size and ease of concealment. I do give up a few rounds in the magazine, but the gun is DAO and fits into my pocket (in a holster). Ruger has come out with the LC9 which I guess is a pretty good gun but it has too many CA oriented safeties for me. Good luck with your decision.

The pretty much isnt much out there given your criteria. I personally think manual safeties are overrated on a modern DA SD gun. The XD classic line are poorly balanced and just dont fit my hand good.

I personally like the HK P2000SK as an alternative in Polymer. The CZ Rami has a manual safety and is subcompact.

CZ-USA -> CZ 2075 RAMI
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Well I love my XD9sc, so I would say go for that. Mine is my EDC.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

I love my Glock 27 but if a 9 is what you want the 26 is good too

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Check out CZ, I recently acquired a P-01 and love it. I also have an XDM 9mm Compact, it was my first handgun and it's been an incredible performer as well.

I went with the xd9sc. I own 3 xds and haven't have a failure with any of them. Get a crossbreed supertuck holster and you can carry the gun all day with no problems. Search the web for reviews on the xd9sc and you will find many happy campers. I'm one of them and would recommend it to anyone.
    Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    XDM-9C, much better than the XD-9C, match grade parts, better accuracy, yada yada yada. Of course none of us can shoot well enough to tell the level of accuracy that changes, but you know. Semantics
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

My EDC is the SA XD40 SC, I love it. If I were to go down in caliber I would probably get the SA XD9 SC.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

eb
    I can't think of anything else with a grip safety. I have an XD subcompact, and its been completely flawless with no hiccups or failures at all. Its one of my most reliable guns for sure. The Ruger SR9c is a nice gun at a good price, but it doesn't have the grip safety.

The springfield XD 9's are great guns. My runs anything I feed it without a hiccup. The CZ is a great gun as well but I adjust partial to Springfields. Great quality price ratio and I know if I need customer support it is #1. Can't go wrong!
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Competitors often mentioned are Smith and Wesson M&P and Glock. But, those don't have external safeties (except trigger).

Thanks for all the help guys. I've checked out a few other alternatives, but I keep coming back to the XD9sc, as it has all the features I need.

I guess I'm going to end up getting one within the month if nothing else comes up. Hopefully it's as good as everyone says it is. :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links