S&W .380 Bodyguard safety

This is a discussion on S&W .380 Bodyguard safety within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have recently started carrying a .380 Bodyguard in a DeSantis Nemisis holster and I like it quite a bit. The only issue I have ...

I have recently started carrying a .380 Bodyguard in a DeSantis Nemisis holster and I like it quite a bit. The only issue I have with the Bodyguard is the safety. Does anybody make an extended safety for this? The safety is just so small that I have difficulty just wiping it on or off without changing my grip drastically. I normally do not use the safety on a DAO but if the option is available I would consider putting one on.

VIP Member
    I doubt anyone will have one yet, if at all. The reason being you can simply not use it, as you stated. There's one on my LC9 and I never touch it, even though it's in the same general position as the 1911.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

My wife has a bg380 that I sometimes carry in an ankle holster as a bug. I always leave the safety off, the long heavy trigger pull is safe enough to carry.

The BG380 as a long and heavy trigger pull. I believe I thought I read somewhere that it was measured at 12 pounds and I agree with it as I have one too. 12 pounds is a safety itself !!! God Bless

I have a BG 380 also. I carry it and I have the saftey on. I just use my thum to take it off as Im pointing it.

mrm
    I recently got one with a crossbreed mini tuck and love it (the laser seems to be stupid hard to engage tho) I just carry it with the safety off.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

I have a BG380 and like it a lot. If it's kept in a holster that covers the trigger - as opposed to lying about in your wife's purse - it is probably as safe as a Glock. I don't seem to have a problem with reaching the safety but when I carry it for SD, I leave the safety off. I trained with a Glock and I'm sure I would forget to switch the safety of the BG on if I had to draw it in a real SD situation. The LOOOOONG trigger pull seems pretty safe.

I have the bg 380 and carry that alot also. I leave the safety off as it is too hard to manipulate with my shooting hand finger.
    One more step and it's on!

SAme here as a couple others have posted..safety off.

Links