Bought another one

Bought another one

This is a discussion on Bought another one within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought a new Steyr s9-a1 and after breaking it in at the range next week I plan on putting into my EDC rotation ...

Bought another one

I just bought a new Steyr s9-a1 and after breaking it in at the range next week I plan on putting into my EDC rotation
    Pics will be posted soon
    Also I will be posting a G27 for sale as soon as I can take and post some pics

So, how did you find this gem and what brought you to buy one, apparently not very common around here as of yet. Did you know something about it?

I had seen it referred to it being a glock that was perfected, I did a bunch of research on it and found that the design was offered to glock by one of their engineers, bubbits I believe his name is, as an evolution, an improvement to the original glock platform. Glock rejected it so he walked away from glockand steyr built the weapon. Some have said it is glock 2.0.
    The design has been out there for about 12 years but never really was promoted well and sales and US support were weak, steyr lost the right to import in around 2007, they dumped the existing stock via CDNN and changed 2x their US importer. they began to import again in 2009 and with their return to the US market they introduced updated models. Right now it is still a niche gun that is hard to find but the US support is now top notch and the gun has a cult like following.

I just got mine and my first impressions are that it is a better made "tighter" gun than the glock, an example is the mag, on my glocks I have to slam the mag home with the steyr you just insert it and it slides in with no extra force needed. for me the grip angle is better and I seem to shoot it better.it should be as "bullet proof" as the glock is and I look forward to enjoying this gun for a long time.
    The only negative I can offer is that my s9-a1 which is a bit smaller than a g19 only carries 10 rounds in the mag

is this a single or double stack magazine design, thick or thin. i looked it up and dimensions were metric jibberish. damn europeans....

Links