10 Most popular handguns in US?

This is a discussion on 10 Most popular handguns in US? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What are the 10 best-selling handguns in the USA? If anyone knows I'd be grateful. If anyone knows the split by civilian vs. law enforcement, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: 10 Most popular handguns in US?

10 Most popular handguns in US?

What are the 10 best-selling handguns in the USA? If anyone knows I'd be grateful. If anyone knows the split by civilian vs. law enforcement, I'd love to know that too. No need for military sales. In general, where do I get good information for handgun market research?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Good Question, From what I've heard the Glock 19 & Glock 17 should easily be in the top 10. I would also think the Glock & 23 would be in there as well.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Last edited by Brady; August 11th, 2011 at 04:39 PM. Reason: addition
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

VIP Member
    I remember seeing the list of all the manufactures and their total output. Google
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I just seen some information which says I know nothing. Not really a big surprise. Okay, maybe I should just post my own version of a top ten. That way I can't really be wrong.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    You can include the S&W Mil and Police line in the top ten. A large number of PDs have changed from Glocks to S&W.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

I know my 10 favorites. I own them.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    I don't know if you'd noticed, but the OP (BradUrani) was the OP in the first two links you have there.
    tubadude, gatorbait51 and Yetiman like this.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

wow. Surprised by this survey that that aren't a few that say they carry a pellet gun . Some folks carry some really weird and underpowered guns.....good luck to them, since the bad guys don't.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    wow. Surprised by this survey that that aren't a few that say they carry a pellet gun . Some folks carry some really weird and underpowered guns.....good luck to them, since the bad guys don't.
    Well said Zonker!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Are you dissing my .177 pistol? It holds nearly 125 rounds and has a peak velocity of 688fps with a fresh CO2. I always aim for eyeballs, adam's apples, and (can I say this?) scrotums to keep it effective. It's light enough and small enough, I can carry six of them with a bandoleer of CO2 cartridges and nearly 1000 reloads...enough to protect myself and a small town of unarmed liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Are you dissing my .177 pistol? It holds nearly 125 rounds and has a peak velocity of 688fps with a fresh CO2. I always aim for eyeballs, adam's apples, and (can I say this?) scrotums to keep it effective. It's light enough and small enough, I can carry six of them with a bandoleer of CO2 cartridges and nearly 1000 reloads...enough to protect myself and a small town of unarmed liberals.
    I ususally carry an airsoft Beretta clone when protecting a small town or unarmed liberals, so I am no way dissing your beloved CO2 gun. Every job must be matched with the perfect tool, and I'd say you have it covered. However, when protecting my own butt and the ones of my loved ones, I prefer something with a bit more power.....say a 9mm or .45ACP, but hey that's just me. Maybe its that silly competition thing I learned as a kid. I don't want to the loser in any fight and if the gun fire starts (God forbid) I definitely do not care to be the one with the chalk lines drawn around my dead cold butt because I brought a pellet or airsoft gun to a real gun fight.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Yes that was the point for posting them. Wonder what he found out?

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    I don't know if you'd noticed, but the OP (BradUrani) was the OP in the first two links you have there.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Shooting Industry Magazine

Here is a report by the Shooting Industry Association that might answer some questions on firearm production:

http://www.shootingindustry.com/Firearmsreport10.pdf
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

GLOCK 19 holds the top 10 spots, all of them.

Thread over, have a nice day!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links