I Take It All Back!

This is a discussion on I Take It All Back! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I take it all back! Forget I ever said it. If you read something I said and interpreted it as a suggestion, recommendation, or even ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Take It All Back!

VIP Member

I Take It All Back!

I take it all back! Forget I ever said it. If you read something I said and interpreted it as a suggestion, recommendation, or even a subtle hint that a SIG P239 in .357SIG might be a good pistol for your wife, girl friend, mother, or any other female of the species, please just pretend it never happened. Why am I suddenly turning against the P239 in .357SIG? I'm not! I saying do not buy it for any woman who might in your wildest imagination ever get mad at you. Heres why.

This afternoon late we went shooting - we being my wife and I. Just so you will know my wife weighs 120 lbs. and will celebrate her 50th birthday in 12 days. She has been shooting for less than a year. She shoots very well as you can determine by reading another thread I started call "Why I say yes, ma'am to my wife". We had shot a good bit. She was firing her Bersa .380 and I was shooting my Bulgy Mak in .380. Then we swapped over. She was shooting her Bersa Ultra Compact 9mm and I was shooting the P239 in .357SIG. I had 21 rounds left in a box, so I asked her if she would like to shoot the SIG. She said, "Yes, I like the rubber grips." She means the Hogues. I noticed a certain gleam in her eye. She fired the first mag and started to put the pistol down. I told her to go ahead and fire the other mag. She did. Here is her target. 25' late afternoon 14 rounds.

If she ever gets really mad at me I don't stand a chance. What can I do? This is a warning don't let the women near this gun.

All in jest of course. But if I was afraid of my wife who is a terrific shot, I would hide the P239 in .357SIG.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    wow! she is a good shot! best to keep on her good side! :)
    RKBA

John

VIP Member
    For anyone who is interested the two holes that are the fartherest apart are 2.75". That's just a bit bigger than the bottom of a Coke can. Your average coaster is 3.5". I can easily cover all 14 holes with my hand and not use the fingers. 14 .357SIG rounds COM inside a circle 2.75" in diameter is going to hurt. But not for long.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    You ever notice that a lot of women can shoot,and shoot well? Most are not worried about making a impression on anyone. They tend to focus on the target area more, not just the target. And IMHO the .357sig has less felt recoil than the .40s&w does.

The one I must keep from my lovely bride is a Browning Hi Power. She is simply awsome with it.

Administrator
    Nice tight shooting. It's good to have a better half that shoots well enough to CYA in a pinch.

lol.... nice grouping ! :)

Thats some mighty fine shooting there

I think if I meet your wife I"LL reply with ma'am. Yes, ma'am. Mighty nice to meet you ma'am! Hope you're having a nice day ma'am!

I remember a news reporter several years ago doing a report on crime at ATM's. While interviewing a sweet little gray haired grandmother (She admitted to being over 70) she said she was careful but took precautions. When asked what precautions she showed him her 4" .357, carried with a permit, in her purse. She was headed for the range and invited the reporter along. She was a mean shot and I feel sorry for anyone attacking that ol' gal. She went into full combat stance and emtied the cylinder fast with a 3.5" group at 25'. One shocked reporter and one of the few TV news stories that ever stuck in my mind!

Beware felons, beware. Some of these girls can really shoot.

Hey, and send our compliments to your back up!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

The rule in my household is Never mess with the cook. You get lead poisioning
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Assistant Administrator
    dr_cmg's favorite phrase -

''Yes dear"

Great shootin George
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Whoever she shot wouldn't hurt a bit after the 2nd shot,they wouldn't feel anything.Have a good day mamn,tip my hat to her. sj

If she ever gets really mad at me I don't stand a chance. What can I do? This is a warning don't let the women near this gun.

Buy a good vest, but make sure that it has a groin protector. Every woman I've ever seen shoot, just seem to gravitate to that region.

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    yes maam.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

VIP Member
    Great shooting....my ex was fond of my Browning HP 9mm (and shot it extremely well)....then again she is a Brit.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links