Affordable Commander/4"ish 1911s? - Page 2

Affordable Commander/4"ish 1911s?

This is a discussion on Affordable Commander/4"ish 1911s? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; To the OP. You may want to research if you want one. No one has a 1911 for practicality. Got to have a little smith ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Affordable Commander/4"ish 1911s?

To the OP. You may want to research if you want one. No one has a 1911 for practicality. Got to have a little smith in you. Commanders are usually not the cheapest of the types either. You may have to try the used market for one in the mid 700's that's not lightweight frame type. One of the best deals of the type you seek cost 1400+ and it's the VBOB IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DUNDEM View Post
    To the OP. You may want to research if you want one. No one has a 1911 for practicality. Got to have a little smith in you. Commanders are usually not the cheapest of the types either. You may have to try the used market for one in the mid 700's that's not lightweight frame type. One of the best deals of the type you seek cost 1400+ and it's the VBOB IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And 1400 on a VBOB is average used and near distributor cost NIB.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

I tried to pull the trigger on the hard chrome and cant find one ANYWHERE, not even on the internet. Does anybody know of any in stock? Or even a store that would ship to mine? Thanks.

LAglocks,
    Sorry, but I can't tell you where to find a chrome AC Commender..... I've read many times that they're frequently hard to find. Be persistent and patient and you'll be rewarded w/ a fine gun. I've had my blue AC Commander for nearly a year and am still very pleased w/ it. It's been a pleasure to carry and shoot. I like the deep blue finish on it a great deal more than the Parkerized finish on my Citadel. I'm still anxioulsy waiting for the AC Amigo (Officer's size frame) to become available (especially the chrome version).

My opinion is to get the best of both worlds: 1911 accuracy and trigger pull, and Sig/Glock reliability and simplicity. The Sig P220R Carry SAO has a 3.9" barrel, features a great single action only trigger pull, and can be taken down without the use of tools. It also fits my hand better than any 1911 I've owned. Weight-wise, I'd compare it to a LW Commander. The P220R Carry SAO (shown here) is my EDC, and can easily be concealed under a t-shirt and shorts with a decent IWB holster. Nothing against 1911s. I've owned plenty. But for me, this fits the bill much better, and I highly recommend it.
    P220R Carry SAO 2.jpg
    BigRay

Springfield TRP Armory Kote, Springfield Trophy Match, Sig Sauer P220R SAO, Glock 35 with Heinie Slant Pro sights, Springfield Armory XDs 45, S&W Model 29 Mountain Gun, PTR-91F in 7.62mm NATO, Springfield M1A1, Sig 556 Patrol Rifle and Benelli M2 with 10-round magazine

Been doing some more looking and apparently they are a figment of my imagination. No where has them. I guess my only shot is hearing by word of mouth that a small shop somewhere has one. Let me know yall have seen one anywhere.

Keep checking Bud's and Davidsons for the hard chrome availability.
    When arrive on those sites, they sell out quickly. Register with Buds and have them
    send you an email when they arrive. Patience my friend. They do exist as both sites
    I've mentioned had them in stock a couple of weeks ago.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Is this the normal or at least easily attainable look for the blue or is this some kind of smith polishing? This may just be a good picture and a more realistic look at what it is in real life but it looks darn good. Thus leading me to be able to settle with a blued.
    Attached Images

blue in your pic is the norm. Here is a pic of my full size American Classic II in blue.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

The more I look, the more I lean toward the blued. Its a very nice finish for the price. With a black set of grips on there like this pic, I think it may woo me to the dark side. Also, making one much easier to find.

black amc.jpg

Wellllll......here ya go.

AMC ACC45B AMCLS CMMDR 45 1911 8R BL $459.00 SHIPS FREE

BTW, just checked Davidson Gallery of Guns, and they have the Chrome Commander in stock......

I would go with either a Rock Island Armory $380-480 or a Springfield Armory Champion GI about $550. I love my GI Champion. It has a 4" barrel. I have the light weight model which has an aluminum frame but they also come with a steel frame. BTW I wouldn't worry about how the grips look like. You can swap the grips out easily and there are a TON of grips out there. I swapped out my grips for these VZ grips.

Gallery of guns didnt have a store too close to me so Im trying to get one from Buds. They just got in stock yesterday I think. However, Buds is apparently having some system problems. I have been trying to order all day and keep getting error messages.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LAglocks View Post
    Gallery of guns didnt have a store too close to me so Im trying to get one from Buds. They just got in stock yesterday I think. However, Buds is apparently having some system problems. I have been trying to order all day and keep getting error messages.
    Go back to Buds and click on "forgot password". They will email you a new password which will enable you to complete the purchase.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by LAglocks View Post
    My LGS has the chrome commander in stock. SE Guns in Trussville, AL. Kind of a bunch of jack holes, but they have them. I bought the blued myself from them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links