Range Report on the OD G26

This is a discussion on Range Report on the OD G26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had started a thread asking your opinions on getting a black or OD Glock 26. I had went with the OD and I'm glad ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ASSA9

Thread: Range Report on the OD G26

Range Report on the OD G26

I had started a thread asking your opinions on getting a black or OD Glock 26. I had went with the OD and I'm glad that I did.

I had forgetten how well the 26 shoots. It's no secret, all of you who own one know it's ability. I got used to my G27 which has had the #1 slot in my off-duty carry rotation since I bought it in 2003. I shoot the 27 very well and follow up shots are pretty quick and accurate. But the 26 allows for much faster follow up shots. I was loving it.

I put 220 rounds of FMJ and some Speer GD's (my choice for carry) through the 26 w/ no malfunctions. I ran them through the stock 10 round mags, some G19, G17 and a G18 (33 round) mag. The gun was dead on, as expected. I put 10 rounds down range at 25 yards off hand for a goof. I shot a 6" spread which isn't spectacular, but not bad considering that I haven't shot in awhile. No sense wasting ammo at distances that aren't very realistic.

Most of the shooting was done between 5 -10 yards with failure drills from the holster (2 COM, 1 head). I was impressed at how fast I was able to recover. The 27 did this well, the 26 was unbelievable.

The 26 is completely stock. The only things that I will do are what I do to all of my Glocks; talon rubber grips and Glock NS's. I also usually swap out the grooved trigger for the smooth one from the 17, but I may opt to keep that as is for now.

I'm very pleased with the 26 and I missed having one for over 8 years. I think that the 26 will move into the #1 slot for off-duty carry followed by my 36 and 19. The 23 and 27 will remain in my locker at work as a duty and BUG respectively.

I know that I'm not reporting any shocking news as most reports about the 26 are positive. Just thought I'd share another.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

2. Remove Ads

Another satisfied customer. Damn, that Gaston guy is good!

G26 is a "sweet shootin carry pistol"!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Thanks for the update and glad you are happy with your decision.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Have owned a G26 since they were introduced in 1995.....the G26 was about the only thing good that came from Clintons Assault Weapons Ban of 1994.

Congratulations on rekindling an old friendship with your new G26. I will be buried with mine.....they are just that good.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Well Done on your new Glock! Glas to hear you still like it!
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Congrats on your new glock-26.

You have yourself a fine firearm...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member

Thumbs up

'Glad to hear it. I just so happen to be sporting the G26 today.

Has been my only EDC since I got one.

Congrats
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Thanks everyone. Talon rubber grips have been on the way since I decided to get the 26. Now I just have to put in the order for the Glock NS's.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Good choice!
    I bought the same one you did (OD Green)a few years ago, other guns
    have come and gone but the G26 is still my primary CCW and by my side
    as I type.
    Justified likes this.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Quote Originally Posted by ASSA9 View Post
    Good choice!
    I bought the same one you did (OD Green)a few years ago, other guns
    have come and gone but the G26 is still my primary CCW and by my side
    as I type.
    And mine as I read this......BTW Archer is a great avatar!!
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Thanks , I like yours as well
    Hot Fuzz (Simon Pegg) is the man.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Links