CC .45

This is a discussion on CC .45 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What's a good choice for a concealable .45? The more bullets the better but I realize for the most part a single stack will be ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: CC .45

CC .45

What's a good choice for a concealable .45? The more bullets the better but I realize for the most part a single stack will be easier to conceal. I like the idea of a compact 1911 but the length of the barrel isn't what seems to matter to me. The width and length of the grip are. I'm wanting something like the Para warthog but reliable. Am I going to be better of with a G30-36? or the SIG P245? Grip length takes priority over all.

EDIT; are the Warthog's still considered unreliable? I love how that gun looks and feels. I may get a compact RIA.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Glock 30SF for me would be the best choice for a CC small .45
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Quote Originally Posted by Dragman View Post
    Glock 30SF for me would be the best choice for a CC small .45

I carry the same in A Hybird holster By Tommy Theis, and feel very comfortable.

However most people tell me a G30sf is too thick to carry, I strongly disagree.

It really comes down to you. What do you really want capacity or thiner and lighter with less rounds and I would assume possibly easier to carry

Glock 21sf 13+1 M-Tac holster love it
    IGNORANT=NEEDS EDUCATION

STUPID=WELL YOU CANT FIX THEM ALL

If I were going to carry a .45 it would be a M&P45c or HK45c. Both are a good size for carry, have great ergonomics (edge going to the HK IMO), and are reliable and accurate. The HK gives many options for the trigger you want to use and the M&P has a workable stock trigger than can be made great with the addition of a DCAEK from Apex Tactical.
    sparkykb likes this.
    I collect ammo, not guns.

Sevrenth,
    Of the guns you mentioned, I have one quite similar to the Compact RIA. My Citadel Concealed Carry model is made by Armscor, just like the RIA. I really like the Citadel, although I've yet to warm up to it's Parkerized finish. The Citadel came w/ 2 mags and had a few upgrades not found on the RIA, including Novak type sights, extended beavertail and skeletonized hammer/trigger. For me, I find the slimness of the single stack magazine more comfortable to carry and easier to conceal, but each to his own.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Well, being partial to 1911's there are a great list of quality pistols out there. I have Kimbers. There Ultra's are 3" and with a 3" and lightweight frame, they are really easy to carry yet still offer 7+1 capacity. There is a lot of debate her about Kimbers, and I think its kind of like the difference between Ford, Chevy and Dodge, all have their strong points and weak points, but putting aside brand loyalty, all are pretty good cars. I also carry a couple of 4" Kimbers. I like the way they shoot, but they can get heavy after a bit......
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    I researched this to death. For my personal pref's, for 45 I carry either a G30, or an ATI Titan (3" 1911).

If I could do it over again, it'd still be the G30 (you just can't beat it), but I'd spend a little more and get a Kimber Ultra CDP II instead of the Titan. 'Nothing wrong with the ATI, but it's an all-steel heavy little mother.

P.S. I understand the attraction to the Warthog, but I couldn't bring myself to trust it either.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Colt or Dan Wesson CCO if going 1911 route. DW has rounded butt on frame that would be more comfy.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    carried for many years a Colt Defender.

only changed to a P239/40 for personal reasons.

Kimber has many 3" models of just as good all around; including accuracy.
    and 1.5" at 75 feet is doable.
    so, for 23 ounces plus the 8 rounds you have a 45acp.
    the Sig weighs more but its design may make it a better fit for you.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

The Glock-36 is the thinnest of all the Glocks, I have five different Glocks.
    The Glock-36 is my EDC...a great gun that is easy to conceal.
    bps3040 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I carry a Kimber Ultra CDP II. Really easy to conceal (IWB) and a great shooter.
    This one is not a full size grip gun but I know that kimber have one that is called Super Carry Ultra Plus...
    I have no experience with that one but that comes with a full size grip in case that you are looking for a 1911 platform fyi.

Kimber America | Super Carry Ultra+

Thanks.

I like glocks. The last one I had, a 23, I traded for a CZ 75B. I plan on going up to a local gun range in the next week and renting a 30 and a 36 to see how they compare. 6+1 rounds is plenty for me if I do decide on the 36. But my question, to those of you who IWB, what is more difficult to conceal; width or length of the grip?

Kahr CW45 is a very nice thin concealable gun, compares nicely to the G36.

Kahr CW 45 or Glock 36
    Simple, thin, light, reliable and accurate
    Both are 6 + 1 single stacks
    These are the easiest to carry of all my .45s
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links