sig sauer p245

sig sauer p245

This is a discussion on sig sauer p245 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i just bought a sig p245 for a ccw and am having a hardtime finding any info on it or a good holster for it ...

Thread: sig sauer p245

sig sauer p245

i just bought a sig p245 for a ccw and am having a hardtime finding any info on it or a good holster for it im just looking for any info i can get

JD
    Administrator
    the 245 has been replaced by the 220 Compact, HERE's a good, in stock ready to go IWB for it. The P245/220C is one of the best compact .45s out there.

thanks jd im gonna have to pick up some more mags for it will it take the mags for a 220c i have heard it will but dont want to go buying mags that im not sure about

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    thanks jd im gonna have to pick up some more mags for it will it take the mags for a 220c i have heard it will but dont want to go buying mags that im not sure about
    I'm pretty sure they "should" work, it would be in your best interest to contact Sig and confirm.

i will have to do that on monday i saw on the cdnn website that they have a mag for the p220/245 SIG 220/245 Compact 45acp 6rd Stainless Mag New Factory

GM
    i will have to do that on monday i saw on the cdnn website that they have a mag for the p220/245 SIG 220/245 Compact 45acp 6rd Stainless Mag New Factory
    I do not know if they still have them in stock or not, but for range use I got a couple of 10 round factory mags for only a few more dollars; http://www.cdnninvestments.com/sig2204510fa.html. They work flawless in a P220C, but they protrude about two and a half inches below frame, and the magazine sleeve covers only about an inch and a half of the protruding part.

Call SIG and ask about it. They are very nice and they will gladly answer all your questions:

SIG SAUER Customer Service Department
    Phone: (603) 772-2302 (press #3 for Customer Service)
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    i just bought a sig p245 for a ccw and am having a hardtime finding any info on it or a good holster for it im just looking for any info i can get
    Congratulations on buying a great SIG.

P245 info... Modern Firearms - SIG-Sauer P245

SIG SAUER P245

Most holstermakers offer a model or two that fit a P245
    Naturally the factory P220 compact mags fit it.

The P245 is a couple ounces lighter than the compact.

I find that the FELT recoil with ball ammo is LESS than from my all steel Springfield Champion 1911

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Wrong holster worked in my case...

I have a Sig P245 and was also wondering where to get a holster for it. It turns out that I also have a Sig P239 and a DeSantis Speed Scabbard holster for it, that I like very much. Out of curiosity I tried the P245 in the P239 holster and it fit very well. So I use that and have not yet bought a dedicated P245 holster. I know some people object to using a holster for gun A to carry gun B, but it works more often than you might think with leather holsters (not kydex). The photos below are of the P245 by itself and the P239 in the Desantis holster.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Enjoy your SIG!!!!

For me I really am enjoying my Glock 36 45acp single stack 6 round mag.

As to holster for Sig, I can not help you as i am working out the holster problem for the G36.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

i really like them grips on your 245 i have found a few holsters for it i just cant make up my mind

i borrowed a bianchi #5 for the sig p226 and it seems to be working good with the 245 although i will be buying a dedicated holster for it just waiting for finances to loosen up a little bit

Links