Pistol arts and crafts day

This is a discussion on Pistol arts and crafts day within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So as some of you may know I acquired a new to me XD45C a few months ago, and fell in love with it. I ...

Thread: Pistol arts and crafts day

Pistol arts and crafts day

So as some of you may know I acquired a new to me XD45C a few months ago, and fell in love with it. I made 2 holsters for it, 1 for light attached and 1 not. I look at it as daytime and night time carry modes.

Now about a week ago I ordered the brooks tactical A Grip a hogue hand-all and a new powder river precision striker retaining pin. I had heard the striker retaining pin can break on an XD and render it unoperable in very rare cases so the new roll pin is way heavier duty. I look at it as $12 woth of peice of mind.
    So today I received the parts in the mail and went to work in the man room at some pistol arts and crafts. I fitted and cut down the hand all first along with some slight material removal for slimness and so there wouldn't be the tailtell lines under the A Grip from the edges of the hand all undernieth it. I then inserted the londer mag with the grip extension and applied the A grip. After much trimming and cutting the magazine joint this is how it turned out.
    If your wondering how to color in your engavings, I carfully painted over them and then removed paint slowly with a Q-tip soaked in solvent untill all that was left was what was in the engravings.
    So here is my complete carry setup all home made and home grown. The next step is a powder river precesion drop in trigger kit and maybe I'll get the slide NP-3'ed we'll see what the wife will agree to for my birthday! The last pic shows the difference in thickness between the factory roll pin and the powder river one used as the striker retainer
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Very Nice! Love the Holster
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’ — James Earl Jones, Actor

VIP Member
    Very nice, Doodle. I do believe those stars would qualify those as genuine BBQ holsters.

I used to work with leather a long time ago. In particular, I remember a sheath for a K-bar that was stolen that I really miss. I might have to find me a sail palm and try again someday.

What the heck is a genuine BBQ holster!?

I really like the Lone Star on your holster. I to am a fan of Springfield so nice choice there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattus Vir View Post
    I really like the Lone Star on your holster. I to am a fan of Springfield so nice choice there as well.
    Why thank you!

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    let me know how that trigger works out, I love the trigger on my XDM but I feel there could be a bit less play before the breaking point.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Will do assuming the boss (wife) ok's it

Links