looking for a 9mm

This is a discussion on looking for a 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; CZ RAMI 2075 with either the 10+1 mag or 14+1 to stop "pinkie" flailing. DA/SA, reasonable price, highly reliable, does what it says on the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking for a 9mm

CZ RAMI 2075 with either the 10+1 mag or 14+1 to stop "pinkie" flailing.

DA/SA, reasonable price, highly reliable, does what it says on the box....8-)
    As one of my old sergeants used to say. "WE do not play at spray and play.......Do we.... Sir....."

Remember children, when we have removed the pin from Mr Grenade, Mr Grenade is no longer our friend......

2. Remove Ads

Of course I'm always the one to recommend the Glock.. Glock Model 26 is 9mm. Subcomact. reliable, all that jive. My gf has a 26. comes with 2 mags new. Both mags are standard pinky flailers and you can get a pinky extension that doesnt offer a +1 that doesnt make concealability much more of a problem. If you want a purty gun this one isnt the one for you(beauty is in the eye of the beholder), but has a reputation for reliability. Good Luck on what you decide on!
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

I just bought myself a xd-sc 9mm to carry but I was checking out the khar too and that will be my next purchase.

OK, just came back from Turners and well, sigarms 239 is sweeeet but it's more then I wanted to spend and it's only 8 rounds (while I'm not looking for hi cap mags, 10 does hold more appeal to me).

I also looked at the Walther P99 QA and it felt a little bit on the thick side (kind of like my XD).

They didn't have a CZ 100 but I looked at the CZ 75. That again felt thicker than it should for a gun of that size.

Kahr.... they only had the PM's in stock and that's too small.

I'm starting to think about getting another XD .40 service and getting the conversion kit for 9mm..... cause most of the nice 9mm setups will run me about the same as XD .40/9mm combo.

So.... who has next weeks lotto numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Huzar
    That TP9 looks nice but $839.00 YIKES.
    A year and a half ago when I bought mine, I paid only $560 NIB. What you're seeing is the Manufacture's suggested price, so shop around. Check Gander Mtn., Cabaela's or any large gun shop you'll find it a lot cheaper then $839.

Quote Originally Posted by stmichps
    A year and a half ago when I bought mine, I paid only $560 NIB. What you're seeing is the Manufacture's suggested price, so shop around. Check Gander Mtn., Cabaela's or any large gun shop you'll find it a lot cheaper then $839.
    Problem is that I'm in Cali which means the prices are ussually higher then everywhere else. I have been seeing that happen with XD's. People out of state pay about $50~75 less regular price :(

I'll still look around though. The shops that I stopped at didn't have that one in stock.

GLCOK or Kahr, the Kahr is the thinnest you'll find with a width less then 1".
    ::: NRA Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor, Military Veteran, Public Safety Professional :::

If you know someone that has their FFL, see what they're willing to do to handle a transfer of a weapon? Sometimes (at least here in Michigan) you can get a gunshop to help with a transfer from another state for a fee of 10% percent of purchase cost + tax. If you can find such an individual then check with sites like these;

www.gunbroker.com

www.auctionarms.com

www.gunsamerica.com

to sse if you can find what you're looking for. Remember to shop around and don't jump at the first one you find unless it's a really good deal. From experience I have bought firearms thinking I got an deal only to find the same weapon on another site for much less. Another thing is to check the sellers record for sales and customers satifaction.

There is nothing wrong with buying use, here one auction that I've found.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?Item=53701497

This might not look like a deal but when you figure that it has night sights ($100 option) 7 magazines (they come only with 2 (1-6 / 1-7) at ruffly $35 per, and a quality holster ($60+) this price ($649) isn't to bad.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I just bought a Kahr TP-9. Its a great weapon just a little diffuicult to get leather for. I paid $425 for it + tax NIB from Sportsman's Warehouse. I like it so much that I carry it off duty and will until I purchase the Kahr P-45. My only caution with getting the Kahr CW-9 is that you cannot change the sights without having a gunsmith mill the slide for you. If you want night sights then your just out of bucks. Hope that helps.

Steve
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

I'm a big fan of the Px4. You can get one for around 500 dollars, less if you find a good deal. It is full size, but you can tailor the grip with the different backstraps to make it a bit smaller. I have no problems concealing mine whatsoever. In fact, just the other day I was showing it to my fiance's dad and he had no idea that I was carrying. He's not the run of the mill sheeple either, so I was pretty pleased with that.

Anyways, 17 round magazines (you can get 20) and the rotating barrel system gives it a recoil that's very light for a 9mm, making follow-up shots even easier. More info here: http://www.px4storm.com/

I want to second Mark's suggestion to rent and try different guns at your local range. It's saved me from wasting alot of money on sexy looking pieces.
    Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
    George S. Patton

I originally bought an XD .40 sc for carry. ended up being too heavy and thick for the way that I dress.

I have a Kahr PM9 that hides in anything and also a Taurus PT-111 (9mm) that is a great, great gun. especially for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Discu Stu
    I originally bought an XD .40 sc for carry. ended up being too heavy and thick for the way that I dress.

I have a Kahr PM9 that hides in anything and also a Taurus PT-111 (9mm) that is a great, great gun. especially for the price.
    Looking at the Taurus page got me thinking about the Taurus 24/7. It looks to be kind of along the lines of what I am looking for. I'll stop by a gun store tonight and see if they have one.

And the winner is

...... Steyr. I havent even considered it till I looked at it at the store.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links