New Beretta pocket pistol/sub compact 9mm Nano

This is a discussion on New Beretta pocket pistol/sub compact 9mm Nano within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by zonker1986 looks like Beretta got the party invitation about two years too late......nothing like releasing a product AFTER the demand has already ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: New Beretta pocket pistol/sub compact 9mm Nano

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    looks like Beretta got the party invitation about two years too late......nothing like releasing a product AFTER the demand has already been met by every other competitor in the marketplace.

Wow you are way off target
    gottabkiddin likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Wow you are way off target
    No I'm actually dead center on target. These are comparable guns that are already on the market and have sold a gazillion copies. I would guess that more than a few members here (at least me) are already good to go with the small single stack 9mm and won't give the Beretta a glance. While I am sure that Beretta will sell a lot of these little guns, think of the HUGE number of pocket 9's that they have missed by coming to the party so late. I personally feel that any pistol company that did not see 2011 as the year of the pocket 9mm was just not paying attention. I predicted 18 months ago that we would see the decline of the .380 and a rise of the 9mm pocket pistol. I was right on the money. Surely company's like Beretta have people on staff that could have predicted the same long before I did.

Kahr CW9
    Kahr CM9
    Keltec PF-9
    Diamondback 9
    SIG P290
    Ruger LC9
    Bombsaway likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

As someone that is currently looking into pocket 9mm pistols, this has my interest... The current offerings are lackluster to say the least.

Kahr CW9 - Too big to be a "Pocket Pistol"
    Kahr CM9 - Small enough, but expensive, and lousy reviews (hear bad about the company too, not sure how much stock to give...)
    Keltec PF-9 - lousy reviews, but certainly a good price. I want to like this gun.
    Diamondback 9 - Haven't read much about it. Longer than the others, but lighter. Worth a look.
    SIG P290 - On the long side, heavy. Haven't seen prices, but it's a Sig.
    Ruger LC9 - Even longer, also heavy.
    Right now I'm leaning toward the Kel-Tec PF9 or the Kahr PM9. I have to get my hands on one to be sure. If the Beretta beats them out on size and weight, with their reputation it's a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    As someone that is currently looking into pocket 9mm pistols, this has my interest... The current offerings are lackluster to say the least.

Right now I'm leaning toward the Kel-Tec PF9 or the Kahr PM9. I have to get my hands on one to be sure. If the Beretta beats them out on size and weight, with their reputation it's a no-brainer.
    I have the first three in my list. Not sure where you are reading the "lousy reviews" but mine have been very good to almost perfect. I carry a CW9 in a pocket holster in cargo shorts with no issues. The CM9 and PF-9 are almost the same size and fit all the same holsters. The Diamondback looks like a mini-Glock so that one does have my interest....time will tell as to how well it performs. Just can't get excited about the SIG or LC9. Price point on the SIG, and Kalifornia safety features that Ruger has to put on all their pistols. If the Beretta performs well and is not too expensive, I will probably have one of those eventually, too. Nothing will ruin a Bad Guys day like pulling a small 9mm from nowhere and sticking it up his nose.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrecanatini View Post
    Hello everyone - I am the social media manager for Beretta, and wanted to let you know that - over the next several days - we will be releasing more information on this firearm. Stay tuned!...
    Thanks and please keep us posted with the latest
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I have the first three in my list. Not sure where you are reading the "lousy reviews" but mine have been very good to almost perfect. I carry a CW9 in a pocket holster in cargo shorts with no issues. The CM9 and PF-9 are almost the same size and fit all the same holsters. The Diamondback looks like a mini-Glock so that one does have my interest....time will tell as to how well it performs. Just can't get excited about the SIG or LC9. Price point on the SIG, and Kalifornia safety features that Ruger has to put on all their pistols. If the Beretta performs well and is not too expensive, I will probably have one of those eventually, too. Nothing will ruin a Bad Guys day like pulling a small 9mm from nowhere and sticking it up his nose.
    The CM9 and the PM9 from Kahr are about the same as far as specifications go... compared to the KT PF9, the KT is lighter and slimmer, and the Kahrs are slightly shorter (length and height) but two ounces heavier and ever so slightly wider. I'd have to see what fits in my hand better, but the KT is a couple hundred cheaper. If the Beretta splits the difference in cost and is of similar size, it'll definitely be on my radar. I've gotta know it's specs though...

Okay, what's the difference between the two Kahrs besides the extra magazine on the PM9 and the polygonal rifling? I can't see anything relevant...

I own both a couple of Ruger LCPs, and a Kahr PM9. I pocket carry two pistols daily.

IMHO, there are NO true "pocket" 9mm pistols out there. The ones that fit, do so barely, and are still too heavy (Kahr PM/CM9, Rohrbaugh R9). The rest are too big to be true pocket pistols.

I was once also of the opinion that the small 9mm pistols would make the .380s obsolete. That has turned out to be 100% wrong. The difference in weight is substantial, and the difference in size is magnified by the addition of a pocket holster.

That said, I'm also interested in what Beretta has to offer. Sono Italo-Americano, e qualche giorno devo avere una pistola fatta in Italia! Forza Beretta! [I'm Italian-American, and some day, I must have a pistol made in Italy! Go Beretta!]
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I couldn't agree with you more. That's why I have started my conversation in this forum. I look forward to feedback, suggestions and more!

Quote Originally Posted by bliss_137 View Post
    Welcome. I've lurked here for years, enjoyed some great discussions, and have found an answer to almost every question I've had about carrying.

Looking forward to your information but wanted to suggest, that as it seems like every new pistol has an issue or two (ok, a recall or two in some cases!) - that this board would be a great place to get quick and unusually accurate feedback from EDC gurus and early adopters.

Will do for sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Thanks and please keep us posted with the latest

Allora ci vediamo al poligono con questa pistola!

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Sono Italo-Americano, e qualche giorno devo avere una pistola fatta in Italia! Forza Beretta! [I'm Italian-American, and some day, I must have a pistol made in Italy! Go Beretta!]

as a proud owner of a px4 SC i will not hesitate to ad this to the collection, just need to know more on the dimensions,weight and WIDTH is the most important factor to me for a pocket pistol. When i cannot carry my px4 i just carry my blade but wouldnt mind having a pocket pistol....looking forward to this one. BERETTA

No I'm actually dead center on target. These are comparable guns that are already on the market and have sold a gazillion copies. I would guess that more than a few members here (at least me) are already good to go with the small single stack 9mm and won't give the Beretta a glance. While I am sure that Beretta will sell a lot of these little guns, think of the HUGE number of pocket 9's that they have missed by coming to the party so late. I personally feel that any pistol company that did not see 2011 as the year of the pocket 9mm was just not paying attention. I predicted 18 months ago that we would see the decline of the .380 and a rise of the 9mm pocket pistol. I was right on the money. Surely company's like Beretta have people on staff that could have predicted the same long before I did.

Kahr CW9
    Kahr CM9
    Keltec PF-9
    Diamondback 9
    SIG P290
    Ruger LC9
    Ruger and Sig just came out as well and are selling like hotcakes. Again, way off target.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    I, for one, will be interested in hearing more about this new entry. While I haven't fired any of Beretta's pistols yet, I was pretty close to trying out & buying a nice 96FS Brigadier Inox as my first firearm.

A firearms manufacturer that has been around for almost 500 years must be doing something right!
    ASSA9 likes this.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I'm interested... it's a little ugly..but want to see how the trigger compares to a CM9. Well, plus the size is needed.

Okay, what's the difference between the two Kahrs besides the extra magazine on the PM9 and the polygonal rifling? I can't see anything relevant...
    you nailed it.....slide on the PM9 has a few more "prettys". Not worth the extra $200 for a PM9 IMO.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links