New Beretta pocket pistol/sub compact 9mm Nano

This is a discussion on New Beretta pocket pistol/sub compact 9mm Nano within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm currently in the market for a Kahr CM/PM but I think I am going to wait until the full specs come out on this. ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: New Beretta pocket pistol/sub compact 9mm Nano

I'm currently in the market for a Kahr CM/PM but I think I am going to wait until the full specs come out on this. Nice price point / quality manufacturer. If its as thin as the Kahr CM/PM series, I might be sold on this one.

As far as pocketability (is that even a word??), I think that concept pretty much stops at the 380, maybe the Rohrbaugh, but not much else. Ya, some people can pocket a baby Glock, but come on....

This would be a sweet IWB or even OWB gun.

Looking forward to more details.

2. Remove Ads

I had a Beretta BDA 380 many a moon ago...i could never shoot it well so sold it to my cousin (yeah thats a long story ) ..i do love my LCP & shoot it very very well.....but i will check into this new gun by Beretta...i do love their O/U shotguns

Quote Originally Posted by ejes View Post
    I have no idea if these numbers are correct, but Gallery of Guns has these numbers:

www.GalleryOfGuns.com - Gun Genie - Davidson's most popular and powerful search engine to find and buy guns at galleryofguns.com

Beretta Nano (BU-9 Nano)
    Capacity: 6+1
    Weight: 17.67oz
    Length: 5.63in

These guys seem to show the same numbers:
    Maybe that's with magazine? Seems awfully heavy though, and no height numbers. I'm not counting it out until I see manufacturer's numbers, but it's not looking good so far.

Shame, I really wanted to want this gun.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    One chance for the NANO is how closely it relates to the Kahr PM9. If it doesn't have a mag disconnect, slide locks back after last round, has some good night sights, a nice trigger, no goofy huge loaded chamber indicator (a discreet one is ok) and dimensionaly it's the same or smaller/thinner than a Kahr PM9 then it could do well. If it manages to carry one more round and be comparatively priced with a CW9 then it may survive.

Gideon

I'm interested. But I don't intend to pocket carry. I've got a 380 for that.

My wish list is, decent trigger, no mag disconnect, discreet loaded chamber indicator, slide locks to rear on empty chamber, and easily replaceable sights. Is this really too much to ask for?
    Question Everything!

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    This Beretta micro 9 looks like it may have promise.

It seems like everyone has jumped on the micro 9 bandwagon...

Kahr
    Ruger
    Kel-Tec
    Sig Sauer
    Taurus
    Diamondback
    Kimber

I wonder if Glock will ever put one out?

It looks like Glock is behind the times by not putting one out themselves. We all know they would sell well, but innovation doesn't seem to be on Glock's radar now.
    Even if Glock put out a single stack 9 now, it would no longer qualify as innovation. It would be more like immitation at this point.

The Nano looks promising. I wonder why they chose this platform as their first striker fired gun. Why not make it hammer fired?

No external slide lock? How does that work?
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

New Ultra compact 9mm from Beretta, yeah, Im in and I don't give a hoot when they got it into the game; like that makes a dimes worth of difference anyway.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Don't know that much about Berettas, but quality makes no difference when you've missed the boat. Simple marketing concepts.
    This doesn't make any sense. Saying that Beretta is "late to the game" is like saying a carmaker that introduces a vehicle with four wheels has missed the boat.

When it comes to a pocketable single-stack nine, the market is indeed wide open. Nothing out there yet wins across the board. The Baretta looks to have addressed a number of concerns. I'll certainly look at one when they arrive at my LGS.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

It's not on their front page, but using their site's search, I found this:

Beretta BU9 Nano

In case the page gets moved:

Caracteristics
    CALIBER 9 MM
    OVERALL LENGTH 5.63 "
    OVERALL HEIGHT 4.17 "
    BARREL LENGTH 3.07 "
    GRIP WIDTH .90 "
    SIGHT RADIUS 4.92 "
    WEIGHT UNLOADED 17.67 oz
    CAPACITY 6 1 Rounds
    UPC 82442189543

The Beretta Nano is the ultimate evolution of the micro compact carry pistol.
    Utilizing a removable, serialized sub-chassis the Nano pistol can be easily modified with replaceable grip frames and is simple to disassemble and maintain.
    Ease of use and concealment were key drivers in the development of the Nano.
    The Nano’s extremely low profile, snag free design makes it easy to carry and draw from concealment.
    To accommodate right or left-handed use, the Nano’s magazine release button can be easily reversed.
    The light, durable, frame employs modern thermoplastic technology through the use of fiberglass reinforced technopolymer.
    The Nano’s sights are user adjustable with a 1.5mm hexwrench and your fingers. This allows anyone to adjust their sights without the assistance of a gunsmith.
    Modular structure, ergonomics and ease of use make the Beretta Nano the ideal firearm for concealed carry.

The dimensions aren't bad at all, right on par with the Kahr and KelTec, but it's awfully heavy...

I'll have to see how the reviews pan out after release and see how they all fit in my hand, but it looks like a fairly serious contender.
    Last edited by livewire; August 21st, 2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Added thoughts

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    If they maintain typical Beretta quality and meet the price point they set I think it will sell well. Personally my G26 is about as small as I am willing to go.

Jim

It is very interesting. I would take a little extra height for increased capacity though. 6+1 just doesn't do it for me. 8+1 would be the minimum capacity for me. I've read too many reports lately that involved multiple assailants beating and robbing their victims. Some of the reports involved groups of three or more assailants and kidnapping.

How much width would a staggered mag with 8 rounds really add to a gun?

los
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeNice View Post
    ... How much width would a staggered mag with 8 rounds really add to a gun?
    Probably not more than 0.20".

But, what' s the weight increase with a wider grip, magazine and 2 extra rounds. Price increase?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNice View Post
    It is very interesting. I would take a little extra height for increased capacity though. 6+1 just doesn't do it for me. 8+1 would be the minimum capacity for me. I've read too many reports lately that involved multiple assailants beating and robbing their victims. Some of the reports involved groups of three or more assailants and kidnapping.

How much width would a staggered mag with 8 rounds really add to a gun?
    If you're looking for a pocket pistol, it adds enough to take it out of the running.

To me, a pocket pistol is a compliment to off-body carry when you're wearing clothes that aren't compatible with wearing your regular EDC. I still have my full size XD40, but it's not on body. A pocket pistol would be nice to have for getting back to my 12+1 rounds of .40 with two spare mags.

To someone that's been carrying a .380 and doesn't feel like it's enough, a pocket pistol might mean the same six pocketable rounds that they've been carrying with that much more powder behind them.

To someone that's carrying, but really wants a lightweight BUG, this might do the trick. A wider, heavier pistol wouldn't be as good for, maybe an ankle holster or pocket to supplement their full-size duty pistol

Just because it doesn't meet your standard doesn't mean it's got no use.

Intriguing dimensions - slots pretty neatly in between the ultra-micro .380 LCR types and the Walther PPS, which incidentally is what I'm looking at as a more CCW alternative to my current P2000 for EDC. Very interested to see how this turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    It's not on their front page, but using their site's search, I found this:

Beretta BU9 Nano

In case the page gets moved:

Huh, that didn't take long... the product details are gone from the page, but there's a link on their front page now...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links